27-Charlotte ⚠️

Shit

Why didn't I just go straight to New York?

Now Lacey and her family have left early and I could see Michael again and that's not something I want to happen but when Lacey begged me to stay and wait for her I couldn't say no to her.

Now here I am in the early hours of the morning making me way to the Thompson house as Lacey asked for me to stay over with her so we can talk.

"What the hell are you doing?" I mutter to myself "you aren't making things easier for yourself"

I'm not going to lie in the last couple of days I've cried multiple times and have felt horrible because even as we ended what was going days ago I'm still betraying the people I love the most because I fell in love with my best friends father. I thought it would be easier because I wouldn't see him but now I need to go spend the night in the same house as him and his family.

It's going to hurt seeing him and Vivian together being the couple they are because Lacey said those couple of days went good so I'm assuming Vivian and Mike found a way to work things out.

The security opens the gates once they see that it was me, driving up the long ass drive way my stomach is turning with nerves.

I let out a breath trying to calm myself down when I spot a happy and excited Lacey waving at me from the front door. Putting the car into park I collect my things and make my way out the car.

"Oh my god I missed you so much" she says giving me a hug making me laugh

"It was only two days Lace"

"Bitch, you know you missed me too" she scoff

"Of course I did"

"See, now let's get inside it's cold" she says taking one of my bags

"Is everything is sleeping?" I ask as I close the door behind me, hoping she says they are.

She sighs "no"

"What's wrong lace?" I ask concerned

"I will tell you everything once we reach my room"

"FUCK YOU MICHAEL, YOU SELFISH FUCKING ASSHOLE. I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, WE ARE NOT GETTING A FUCKING DIVORCE" Vivian screams from somewhere in the house making my eyes widen.

"This is all she has done since the day you guys left" Lacey huffs closing the door as we walk into her room.

"I thought everything was going good?"

"My dad said he wanted a divorce and the marriage was over, mom doesn't agree with this obviously. She admitted to my dad she didn't want him in the first place, but since your dad was taken she went with him" she says looking at me nervously

My eyes widen in shock "my dad" I ask mouth agape.

She fights nervously which makes me pull myself together "hey nothing is your fault and it doesn't matter if she wanted my dad, he has only ever had eyes for my mom since they met" I tell her taking her hand into mine "I just hope she doesn't say that in front of mom because..."

She lets out a laugh "god she would beat her ass, I love my mom but she is going crazy and the way she has been and the things I've heard isn't the mom or woman I thought she was"

"I'm sorry you are going through this" I say softly giving her a hug.

"It's not your fault" she mutters

Isn't it? I ask myself

Maybe I made everything worse

"Why don't we both go get ready for bed then gets some snacks and we can talk everything through?" I ask