Chapter 18: Orders

The teacher's lips stretched into a smile as she watch her students presenting their work one after the other. It was quite interesting bringing everyone in the class alive.

"I'm so proud of each and every one of you. You guys really impressed me with your brief and mind blowing work" She said grabbing her books. "You all passed the test"

"YESS" most of the students chorused.

"Adios class" she said and then leave the class.

"Hey Jennifer" Ethan called. "Sorry I didn't work very hard with you. I feel like a jerk" he whispered.

"It's okay, the assignment isn't hard anyway" Jennifer shrugged.

"Thanks, you did great" Ethan said.

"Yeah.. by the way.. I wanna ask if you'll.. c..come to the party with me?" Jennifer asked, she had craving to ask him.

Ethan spared a glace with Annabelle, remembering how cold she act towards him, be replied. "You know what, yeah, I'd love to go with to the party with you"

"Really?" Jennifer's face lit up instantly. Ethan nodded and she pull him close by his arm. "Thank you, thank you" she squealed by his side, but pull away realizing what she did. She look up and found Ethan staring down at her.

"I'm sorry.. I got a little excited"she said awkwardly and heard him chuckled.

"It's fine" Ethan said.

"You're coming to the party right?" Daniel asked Annabelle.

"Not a chance. I find party a waste of time" She said.

"It's going to be fun. I'd love to go there but I need to bring a partner to go in"

"That's immature" Annabelle muttered.

"Tssk.. I'm thinking of asking Patricia but the chance is Very slim" He said.

"Oh really" her voice had a trace of distain in it.

"Yeah" Daniel said and look back at Patricia.

"I'm asking Tony to come to the dance with me" Patricia said to Barbara.

"Huh?" Barbara raised her brow, surprised by what she said.

"What?" Patricia asked.

"But that's the guy, I told you I have feelings for months" Barbara said.

"Oh" Patricia mumbled. "I kinda like him too. Sorry but he's mine" she said and stood up to leave.

Barbara breath out in disbelief.

Daniel followed Patricia out of the class. "Hey" he called and she stop to look at him.

"What do you want?" She asked, she's back to her old self.

"I just wanna say we did a good job on the assignment" Daniel smiled.

"Hm, good for us" she replied and made to leave.

"Wait!" He called her again.

"Urgh, what Dan?" She snapped at him.

"I.. I was wondering if you'll like to come to the party with me" he said. Patricia burst into laughter leaving Daniel in confusion.

"What? Are you crazy? You mean you and I to a party? Just because we talked well while doing the assignment doesn't give you the right to say trash to me.. trash" Patricia said coldly and look down at him. "You're disgusting" she said and walked away.

Daniel wipe the tears that creep out at the corner of his eyes. This will be the first time her word will hit him this hard.
______

Ethan was given detention for hitting his fellow students. Just like he had said, he decided not to bother her anymore. Annabelle stood from a distance and watch him talk to Jennifer. His smile was cute.