How Dare He. 6

Erikas POV

My head throbbed painfully, and I couldn't bear to open my eyes. As I lay still, my hands roamed around me, finding only a thin mattress with no sheets. A musty smell filled the air - mould, dirt, and stale odours. My hand ran along a hard surface - cold concrete- indicating I was in a cell. This wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last. Slowly regaining consciousness, I tried to recall what had happened.

When I finally opened my eyes, the pain was excruciating - above me was damp concrete covered in black mould. Trying to sit up, I heard Greta's voice warning me not to move too quickly.

"Where are we?" I asked cautiously.

Greta replied that we had been locked up in this cell for four days.

"I woke up two days ago and have been worried sick about you. The healer has visited daily to check on you, accompanied by the Alpha."

"I guess my plan worked; we are now out", I mumbled, wincing at the effort of speaking. And the irony.

"Why am I feeling so messed up? It wasn't even a bad fight." At least not for me or Greta and the other three girls, from what I saw. People tend to overestimate Shifters' abilities.

The Alpha enforcer unit took over and showed us respect by swiftly snapping our necks.

"WHAT?" I yelled, instantly regretting it as the sound reverberated through my head. "Oh, damn," I muttered under my breath.

"They're brutal bastards. I respect that. We're famous in Benson Estate for causing chaos with high-ranking she-wolves. Oddly enough, that has also made us heroes to some. They're out for revenge, and the medical centre is overflowing."

"How do you know all this if we've been stuck in a cell for four days?"

"Viktor has connections with the Alpha; Tony brings us food and updates us on what's happening."

"What about Tia and the other girls? Are they safe?" I asked reluctantly, fearing the worst.

"Yes, one of the enforcers is keeping an eye on them until this situation is resolved. Aiden, I am told".

"Oh, and we have a new ally. She helped us during the fight in the ring - Greta, meet Monica."

"Hello, Erika," a soft but confident voice chimed in. Monica had a strong French accent.

"Hi Monica, I'm so sorry for involving you in this mess."

"Don't apologize. Six months here was sending me mad. I am glad we finally met. Taking down those supposed 'elite' warriors was the most fun I've had."

Yeah, and I knew I would be in serious trouble with some powerful individuals because of it. I suspected Monica knew the same.

"Where are the other two girls? I could have sworn they jumped into the fight to help us," I asked curiously.

"I'll give you the short version," Greta sighed.

"They're okay now. The council learned about the brawl and was here two days ago. Carter decided he couldn't have five Lycan females on Estate grounds. Luckily, the Benson Brothers had a contact who accepted them. A new pack not aligned with the council. An Alpha unafraid to challenge the council should they object."

"Why are they helping us?" I asked, also wondering how this affected Leon's plans. None of this made sense; I figured I was taking the blame. But why help us?

'Technically, they are not. We are in a mouldy cell. Do you know what black mould does to your lungs? They are killing us passively, I suspect."

I tried my best not to laugh because it was painful. Suddenly, a door slammed shut, and another one opened closer to me. As soon as I caught a whiff of the scent, I knew it was Tony's. But someone else was with him, and I couldn't recognize the smell. It was smooth and sexy, like a mix of leather and whiskey.