Omar Sadiq 26

Carters POV

I just blew it. I was no good at this shit; a chosen mate was all I ever planned for. A woman who knew the rules ran her social clubs, stayed out of my business, and gave me two sons. I wanted this like a hole in the head.

Now, it was all I wanted.

My heart pounded so fucking loud when Erika told me about Aiden; I thought she would hear it. The walls looked more tempting than ever – but no amount of punching them would help me now. I could only picture Aiden in my grip and the smug smile disappearing from his face. Aiden had come to his conclusions.

I had a chance to redeem myself last night. I should have walked to Erika when she arrived and protected her from my toxic family and pack. I had frozen in the drama, her and I on opposite sides, all eyes on us. I even stood by and let dirty, old, unmated Alphas' leering and groping at her until the Beck boys stood in.

I was completely unsuited to PDA and any idea how to treat a good woman.

It was still dark at 7:00 am. I was still wearing the black suit from last night. It was not a good look. I was reading through Guy's message while slipping on my boots. The cold was coming in. Snow was predicted early this year.

Hey, we have a fucking big problem; Omar Sadiq is demanding entry at the front gates. The Lycans are pissed off their 'princess' was seen at a bonfire party; they claim she was in danger. Leon is on his way as well. I called him. And Ezra called. Saying Erika lied to him. he is pissed!! Answer your fucking phone or link with me!

I had underestimated Erika's influence and importance in the Lycan community and the old-world status quo. I had also overestimated my position; my pack would gladly eliminate me if I did not pander to their lifelong whims. I was a fucking fool.

Now, Omar Sadiq demanded immediate entry at the front gates. I saw how vulnerable I was as Alpha.

I needed to act fast. I had to offer something they needed. And I had to keep the connection alive. If they decided to remove Erika from the pack, and she agreed, I was fucked. But there were no favours to be traded in our world- it was a game of give and take.

Surely, removing themselves from a modern new world. They could see it was a dead end. It was not a long-term plan for their declining numbers.

I contacted an old ally. I needed to create another distraction from this one. One I knew would cause trouble for Garrick Walton and my Grandfather. Last night, I finally saw my Grandmother was the gun, and my grandfather loaded the bullets. It was risky, but they had left me with no other options.

Hey, Linc, can you get me an enforcer unit of twenty here by this evening? Would you consider us square and your debt repaid to me?

His response was immediate.

Done. I'll come myself. I want to discuss your offer with human special ops. I could use the money.

I linked with Guy as I raced across to my house from Erikas.

"Do I have time to change?"

"What the fuck?" he shouted back at me.

"Erika's drama last night, I was there. I need to change."

"Hurry up; I had to let them in before they charged in; they terrified two of our gate warriors, psycho bastards. No wonder they can't assimilate into the human world. We are in your office."

I raced up the stairs to change, texting Vincent, who had taken over administration for me. To deal with Lycans, I needed to show a united, fierce pack; they would laugh at anything less.