GHOSTFACE?

f o u r

_____

HORRIFIC was the only adjective strong enough to describe the excruciating night the trio spent, going back and forth from the hospital to the hotel right on the edge of town.

First, they'd dealt with a short questioning from Sheriff Hicks, who was kind enough to wait til morning to call Ross, under the assumption that Tara's attack was unrelated to the kids.

Then, they'd spent hours trying to visit Tara, which the doctors denied, only allowing family.

Even though Alex explained to them three times that her family was either in London or off in the middle of nowhere, so they were the closest thing she's got.

That didn't convince the nurse, who instead told them to try again during visiting hours.

Finally, they ended up at the hotel, which luckily, accepted eighteen-year-olds, and had an open room. The catch? The charges nearly maxed out Eli's credit card.

"We can help you pay it off," Alex assures. "Between my tutoring money, your tips from the diner, and Jamie's job at Boba Town, it'll be gone in a second."

"I know, it's just unbelievable. How can this night get any worse?" he laughs.

"I've never hoped for something as bad as I hope this was just a robbery gone wrong," Jamie shakes her head, grabbing her pajamas out of her bag.

"I think we all need rest," Alex stands, grabbing her bag. "We'll talk in the morning when Tara's up."

"10?" Jamie hesitantly asks.

"Sharp," she nods, pulling her hair up into a bun before walking into the bathroom.

_____

"Hey, guys," Tara weakly smiles as Alex and Jamie walk into the room, holding up a teddy bear and a bouquet.

"How are you feeling?" Alex asks, touching her shoulder.

"Shitty, if I'm being honest," she laughs, immediately wincing in pain. "But they gave me a shit ton of pain meds."

Alex instinctively glances at her sister, as if she was expecting her to pounce on the girl, begging for some.

"We're so sorry this happened. Do the police have any idea who did it?"

"Nope. Clueless as always."

"But I was trying to tell Eli last night- Wait, where is he?" she glances at the door, flinching at a noise from the next room.

"He's getting us breakfast. The hotel's breakfast bar was shut down this morning. Plus, he figured we'd want to talk alone for a while anyway."

"Of course he did," she coughs.