MAKING A MOVIE

t w e l v e

_________

AS SHE follows Amber and Tara up the stairs, Alex tries to call Sidney to let her know Sam was there.

"Hey, are you guys safe?" Sidney shouts on the other side of the phone.

"Kind of. The killer's here, and I can't find Jamie, and Sam and Tara just got here," Alex rambles, opening every door upstairs and still not finding her sister anywhere.

"Wait, what?"

"I can't find her. She went upstairs with Amber but Amber said-"

"No, no, no. You said Sam is there? The party is at 261 Turner Lane?"

"Yeah, I really don't think that's the important part-"

"Alex, you need to find your sister and get the hell out of that house. You're in Stu Macher's house!" she exclaims as Gale presses her foot to the gas.

Alex then begins to connect all the dots, realizing exactly why her father was familiar with the address and why she'd felt like she'd seen the home before.

"Fucking Christ. I'll call you back," she reaches into her boot, turning the safety off of the gun as she frantically begins opening the doors.

Finally, she comes up to Amber's bathroom, kicking at the lock as hard as she can before it cracks open, revealing Jamie screaming behind duct tape.

"Shit, J, come on," Alex immediately kneels to help her sister, untying her wrists and ankles, before taking the tape off of her mouth. "We need to go."

"I thought he was gonna kill me," she sobs.

"I know, I know, but we're gonna go home now, okay?" she nods, wiping her tears.

"What about the plan?"

"We're aborting it. Amber's new house? Yeah, it belonged to the Machers back in 1996."

"We're in Stu Macher's house?"

"Yeah, and you got attacked in Stu Macher's bedroom, just like Mom did."

"Holy shit," she frowns, before wincing in pain. "My head."

"Where are the keys, Jamie?"

"Um, I left them in my jacket," she grimaces. "In the living room with Mindy."

"Okay, we just need to grab the keys and we can go," she helps her down the stairs, sitting her on the couch.

"Holy shit, what happened?" Mindy turns away from the movie, inspecting Jamie's head.

"The killer. Where's Jamie's jacket? It's black, says Newport Cheer on it?"

"Right there," she points to the armchair. "Where's Chad?"