SHAKE SHACK ATTACK

s e v e n

___________

___________

FOUR A.M. was not a time to be awake. Alex and Eli had fallen asleep long before the clock even struck 1, while Jamie was stuck staring at the little red numbers changing.

Fed up with her tossing and turning, Eli mumbles from his bed, "J, go the fuck to sleep already."

"Don't you think I'm trying?" she bites back, picking up her phone and walking into the hallway.

Dialing the first number she thinks of, it rings for a few moments, before a groggy Amber answers. "Hello?"

"Hey, were you asleep?" she nervously bites her lip, leaning against the wall.

"Trying and failing. Why?"

"Well, are you down for a late-night shake run? I can't sleep, and apparently, I'm disturbing the prodigal son," she rolls her eyes. "I would bother my dad but he's in detective mode."

"I'll be there in 20," Amber smirks, seeing this as a perfect opportunity.

"Great, let me know when you're downstairs," the brunette grins, quietly walking back into the room, careful not to disturb her siblings.

Ten minutes later, Amber arrives, smiling as Jamie gets in the car. "Nice PJs."

"Shut up."

"No, really, you really rock the messy chic look," she winks.

"Drive," she chuckles, glad to get a bit of a distraction from the events.

"As you wish," she pulls out of the lot rather quickly, driving down the road towards Shake Shack.

Meanwhile, Ross really was in detective mode, currently looking over the facts of the case that he'd gotten from the kids and what little information he could pry from Judy.

He knew someone attacked Tara's sister Sam right after Vince was found dead, which had to mean there were two killers, and quite honestly, he was shocked Judy hadn't come to that conclusion herself.

"Why did he call Alex and only Alex?" Ross narrows his eyes, reaching to pour more ice into his cup, only to see the bin empty. "Tara Carpenter's parents went to high school with Jen, Vince's mom was her ex-best friend. What's the motive?"

With a sigh, he walks down the hall to the ice machine, wishing to be in and out, when his phone starts vibrating in his pocket.

"Hello?" he immediately gets put on high alert, checking the halls for danger.

"The infamous Ross Hoss," the sinister voice chuckles from the other side.

"This is he. To whom do I owe the pleasure?" he rolls his eyes, walking back towards the room.