FRATS AND JELLO SHOTS

f o u r t e e n

_______

HALLOWEEN was a revered holiday on any college campus, and Blackmore was no stranger.

Which is why tonight the survivors of last year's massacre are heading to an Omega Kappa Beta party to celebrate.

"Alex, where's your eyeliner?" Jamie shouts through the apartment as she searches for her own.

She was a mess of (newly) black hair and pink clip ins, bracelets jangling with her every move.

"Right here, where's yours?" Alex passes it to her as she continues painting a fake cut onto her nose.

She'd spent the last twenty minutes trying to get her bangs to cooperate enough to tie into the braid down her back, so now she was rushing to finish the makeup.

"I can't find it. I think I left it at Tara's after the party last night," she sighs, crouching in front of the mirror, tightlining her eyes.

As soon as she finishes her sentence, Tara knocks at the door.

"Speak of the devil?" Alex chuckles. "I'll get it."

"I brought two shots," she grins, clearly a little tipsy already. "One for you, one for Eli. Where is Eli?"

As she asks, she looks around the apartment, before Alex stops her.

"He is pregaming at Chad and Ethan's. He'll meet us at the party," she nods, taking the glasses. "But I will gladly take these for myself."

She then downs the shots before Jamie can see them, leading Tara into her room.

It was quintessentially Alex, very clean even in the chaos of getting ready, with a certain coziness to it that nobody could replicate.

Jamie's had a little more chaos, but it felt like abstract art, rather than a total mess.

"Boo, him!" she shakes her head, before eyeing the girl up and down. "You look very hot tonight."

"Thank you," she does a spin. "Jamie convinced me to wear it. I personally feel a little exposed."

"Stay exposed. You have the body of a model, please flaunt it," she exclaims.

"Okay," she laughs, returning to her vanity.

"Hey, Tara," Jamie puts the eyeliner back, grabbing her lipstick.

"Oh, my God, why are you guys trying to give me heart palpitations?" Tara dramatically gasps. "Beautiful women, I'm losing it!"

"Wonderful Ethan impression," Jamie jokes. "Alex touched his thigh one day to get past and I swear he jumped four feet in the air."

"Leave him alone. He's just shy."

"There's shy, and then there's whatever he is," she chuckles.

"I think it's cute," she continues to fix her bangs. "I like that I make him nervous. It's kinda good for the ego."