1 | Passenger Princess

1|Passenger Princess

CH 01: Who do you miss the most?

🌸Reneé Grey🌸

‘Stephanie’

All my life I had always wanted to Live in a Big City and meet people with different Perspectives on Life—Not that I didn’t meet people like that in the small town I was from but—Life in the City just felt different, and I think that was why I felt the most surprised when I found the Appointment letter in my Mail From ‘Grey’s House’ and I know what you’re thinking- Another entitled Kid that didn’t have to go through the hassle of sitting desperately in a Pre-Interview room but I beg to differ that though I didn’t have to go through the hassle of sitting in the Pre-interview room biting and Nibbling on my Nails till there was nothing else to bite on my poor ol’ nails, I was anything but Entitled.

I was your everyday Traumatized girl, you know the one with the Daddy or mummy issues but in my case, they were never really in the picture to even be considered ISSUES.

I had spent a whole phase of my life in different Foster homes not even knowing how I had gotten to the first one but I clearly remembered the Last.

But back on the topic, Ma had called some nephew of hers some months back enquiring if he could get me a little something in New York and Surprisingly I had gotten that email two weeks ago asking me to start work tomorrow which is Monday.

It was one of the best surprises of my life coupled with the fact that I had always wanted to work at the Grey House and it was a really huge ass thing for me.

“Uhhhhh Ma-?” Aaron My 17 year old Twin son calls my attention and I hum in Reply

“Tell me, why are we moving again? Because I don’t think it’s the best Idea” He grumbles slowly massaging his temple with his hands like he is trying to keep himself calm

I glance briefly at him giving him a Smile whilst thinking of the best way to answer his question

“Uhhhhh- Firstly, I needed a better-paying job. Secondly, it’s the City which means more and Better Opportunities and Lastly, It’s the City Duh? For a girl who loves the City so much I’ve lived in Spring Lake for a Questionable amount of time, It’s time for a ----- Uh---- Change You know”

“Ha! I see—so what about us Huh? You know me and Azzy, you didn’t think to ask us?“ He queries and I throw a glance at my Daughter who is sitting at the back with no care in the world just typing away on her phone like nothing else mattered

Fuck! I messed this one up I really should have asked for their opinions

“I’m sorry Aaron! I really am --- I didn’t think you’d have a problem with it but I sincerely apologize“ I offer my apology the most sincere way I could.

“Ehhhhh--- It's Fine Ma I got you, I was just teasing…. It’s really not that deep” he threw me a Million dollar grin and I grinned right back at him Driving Right past the sign that said “ WELCOME TO JERSEY CITY”

*****************************

'RED'

The color I see right now as anger slowly seethes through me, it's been exactly 3 hours 35 minutes and ---give me a second to glance at my wrist watch--- 37 seconds since we arrived and I asked Aaron to unpack his things and organize his room but if anything I'm most definitely sure this boy thrives in me Yelling about 3-5 times at him before he finds the motivation to do whatever I ask him to do and the Craziest thing right now is he still hasn't noticed me or should I say is acting like he doesn't notice me with his headphones probably blaring music into his ears.