6 | Are you Renee?

6 | Are you Renee?

CH 06: What do you think about meeting new people?

🌸Reneé Grey🌸

‘I think it’s stupid and people are annoying’

Two weeks have flown by since I started working as Mr. Carson’s assistant. As we all know, he was an eccentric billionaire with a tendency for perfection, bordering on OCD. So I've thrown myself into this new role, managing tasks diligently and striving to meet his high standards. My days are packed with organizing files, scheduling appointments, and ensuring that everything is running smoothly. And after the day the incident happened, I have frantically thrown myself into working extra hard to prevent making mistakes.

I had also been working at the strip club for the past two weeks, taking on night shifts for fun but also the money. During the day, I had my regular nine-to-five job as Mr. Carson’s assistant and at night I was a dancer. But I was scared, keeping these two worlds separate was crucial to me. I knew that if Mr. Carson finds out about my night time endeavors it could jeopardize my professional reputation—given my life outside work isn’t anybody’s business I couldn’t get it out of my mind.

Lost in a crucial project we started working on last week, I barely noticed when a blonde lady appeared in the doorway of the office, a surprised expression on her face. I quickly composed myself and stood up, offering a warm smile.

She stood at an elegant 5’6’’ with a radiant smile that looked like it would light up a room. Her lustrous golden blonde hair cascaded in soft waves, framing her face with a touch of effortless sophistication. Her captivating forest green eyes sparkled with an enchanting allure, reminiscent of Mr. Carson’s gaze. Dressed in a stylish ensemble, she wore a tasteful dress that accentuated her figure and exuded timeless charm. The dress was complimented by a well fitted blazer, adding a touch of professionalism and confidence to her overall look. With her poised demeanor, and impeccable sense of style, she effortlessly looked like she would command attention wherever she went.

Hold up! Forest green eyes like Mr. Carson’s—

"Are you Renee?" she asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

"Yes, I am. I'm Renee Grey, Mr. Carson's assistant. How can I help you?" I replied, trying to hide my astonishment at her sudden appearance.

Her surprise quickly turned into a smile of recognition and I was confused. "I’m Lavender. Grey’s Little sister! It's wonderful to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you from my brother."

I blinked, taken aback by her words. I had no idea that Mr. Carson had spoken about me to his sister. Hell I didn’t even know he had a sister but I did what I did best. I smiled and replied her "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Lavender. I had no idea you would be visiting today."

“You must be one hell of an assistant for him to keep you under wraps like this,” she suddenly said with a side-eye that could slice through steel.

Uhhhh—what’s with the change in her mood?

“Erm, I just keep up with his demands as best as I can,”I stumbled over my words, flustered

Lavender chuckled. "I’m just kidding, but I couldn't help but be curious about the person who has been keeping my brother so busy. He hasn't been answering my calls lately, so I decided to come and see for myself."

What? Keeping him busy?

“No Lavender I wouldn’t dare. Mr. Carson has been working hard on an important project, and he has entrusted me to assist him. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by his unavailability."

Lavender waved her hand dismissively. "No need to apologize. I'm just glad to finally meet you. By the way, we're having a small family dinner for our mom's birthday next week. I'd love for you to join us. Consider it a way to get to know me better and don’t even think of saying no, I’d kidnap you if that’s what it’d take me to have you there."

I was taken aback by the invitation but felt a sense of warmth and inclusion. "Thank you, Lavender. I would be honored to join you for the dinner. It's very kind of you to invite me."

She is nothing like Mr. Carson……. if not for the eyes I’d doubt their relation at all.

As our conversation continued, the elevator chimed again and A tall and dark man with curly hair walked out of the—hold up—It was Nathaniel my cousin, who entered the office with a mischievous grin. And my eyes went wide

No fucking shit ma, I see what you did here.

"Well, well, look who it is," Nathaniel exclaimed with a playful tone. "Renee, my dear cousin, you never told me you were working for Grey!"

My eyes widened in surprise. I hadn't expected Nathan to be aware of my new job, let alone be the one who had helped me secure it. We hadn’t even seen each other in a few years. I glanced at him, a mix of gratitude and curiosity in my eyes.

Nathan chuckled, seeing my reaction. "Yes, it was me who recommended you to Grey, his silly ass owes me for being his best friend for years. And when Aunt Steph mentioned you were looking for an opportunity, I thought this would be a perfect fit. But don't worry, I kept it a secret. It seems your mom wanted to surprise you."

She fucking did!

My heart swelled with gratitude towards my cousin and a newfound appreciation for the twists of fate. "Thank you, Nate. I had no idea it was you. I'm grateful for your support."

“Come on its no Biggy” Nate passes me a grin “How are the twins?”

“Well the usual” I grinned right back at him

A throat clears and we both turned our attention to Lavender. A scowl etched on her face and Nathan smirking.

“And who might this lovely young lady be, Renee?” He says in a deep baritone voice making me raise my eyebrow slightly, given Nate’s personality I’m sure they knew each other

“Nathan! You sly fox,” Lavender exclaimed, her scowl giving way to a beaming smile. “Didn’t think you’d make an appearance today.”

“I couldn’t resist checking up on you, my baby” Nathan replied with a wink and a blush coats Lavender’s cheeks

“No you’re not, you’re here for Grey” she frowned “This isn’t my office you know”

“No baby” Nathan etched closer to her grabbing her waist and pulling her closer to him “ You know I have this sort of telepathic thing with you I just knew you’d be here”

Are they flirting? Or is he flirting with her? Maybe they’re a thing?

“And why is it that Grey hasn’t made an appearance yet, we’ve been here for a while?” Lavender asked, arching an eyebrow in her brother’s office direction.

“Oh, I’m sure he’s probably still holed up in his office,” Nathan replied nonchalantly, looks like he knows him well“trying to micromanage every detail of this new club project he’s got going on. But that’s what I’m here for. He needs someone to drag him out of there every once in a while.”

Yup! Definitely knows him well.

Ashley nodded in agreement. “Well, I’ll just go confirm if my mom would finally have only me as her child or he’s painfully still alive” she says steering towards the door and that’s when I noticed. Her hands were entwined to Nathan’s.

I’m definitely shipping that.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello bitches, Since we’re done with the introductory rubbish we can now get into the dramatic parts….. I also hate beginning of every novel I read since it’s the introductory part so I’m trying to hasten this up now .

Word Count: 1,326 words

Bye Hoes

#ahoenewworld
🌼A…. 🌚💮🌻