12 | A touch of blush

CH 12: How do you fight your demons?

🌸Reneé Grey🌸

‘By running as far as possible from them’

I blinked my eyes open, the soft rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains and casting a gentle glow across the room. As I slowly emerged from the depths of sleep, a sense of disorientation washed over me. Something felt different, out of place, as if the world had shifted overnight.

Confusion clouded my thoughts until a flood of memories from the previous night crashed into my consciousness. The party, the dance floor, the swirling emotions—who had I been? ,I know I was lost in the chaos of my own personal struggles. But today was Monday and I had to get to work, and as I sat up in bed, reality settled upon me like a heavy shroud.

As I swung my feet over the edge of the bed, a wave of dizziness washed over me. It was as if the world had tilted on its axis, leaving me struggling to find my footing. I steadied myself against the edge of the bed, my mind racing to make sense of what was happening.

As I splashed cool water on my face, I took a deep breath, trying to ground myself in the present moment. I had to find a way to navigate this new reality, to reconcile the different parts of me that seemed to coexist within this complex mind.

But as of right now I needed to get to working out.

A few hours after my work out and after Aaron kept pestering me for hours on how I felt different and the aura I was exuding was not me. He also asked if I was sure I wanted to go to work today and I said yes! It would be unprofessional for me to miss work.

As I stood in front of my vanity, I began my morning ritual, carefully crafting my appearance to exude confidence and authority. I started with my makeup routine, a vital part of my daily armor. I applied a lightweight foundation, blending it seamlessly into my skin tone. I made sure to cover every imperfection, every blemish, and every freckle. My skin was a canvas, and I was the artist, creating a masterpiece.

Next, I defined my brows with precise strokes, framing my eyes. I used a brow pencil to fill in the sparse areas, making sure they were symmetrical and perfectly shaped. My gaze was accentuated with a smoky effect, created by expertly blending shades of gray and black. I applied a light brown eyeshadow all over my lid, a darker gray on the crease, and a black eyeliner to define my lash line. I finished with a few coats of mascara, making my lashes long and luscious.

A touch of blush added a subtle flush to my cheeks, giving me a healthy and vibrant appearance. I chose a soft pink shade, applying it to the apples of my cheeks and blending it upwards towards my hairline. Finally, I finished with a bold red lip color, making a statement and setting the tone for the day. I applied a lip liner to define my Cupid's bow, then filled in my lips with a vibrant red lipstick.

With my makeup complete, I turned my attention to my wardrobe. I selected a sleek black pencil skirt, its fitted silhouette accentuating my curves. The fabric was smooth and luxurious, hugging my body in all the right places. A crisp white blouse was paired with it, its simplicity a perfect canvas for my statement accessories. I chose a tailored black blazer, its clean lines and classic design adding a touch of sophistication to my overall look.

I slipped on my high heels, feeling the familiar click-clack as I walked. My platinum blonde hair was next on my agenda. I curled it into loose waves, the tendrils cascading down my back like a golden waterfall. I used a curling iron to achieve the perfect beachy waves, then ran my fingers through them to loosen them up. The curls added a touch of femininity to my overall look, softening my features.