7:13am

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

you yawned, looking over at the boy beside you and the way the pillow practically swallows up his face; how his lashes rest on the apples of his cheeks while he sleeps. his pink lips molded together unevenly as he takes long, calm breaths. it's truly adorable. you felt yourself smiling at matt, so you reached your nimble fingers up to his hair, and combed through his coffee-coloured locks of hair, fingernails scraping across his scalp. his hair was soft and silky beneath your touch; a touch of pure bliss. the affection causes matt to stir a bit, unintelligible mumbles spurring out of his mouth. he peeks open one eye, and then the other, and smirks at the sight of you. the early sunlight that spills in the gaps of the curtains beams onto his eyes, and suddenly its like looking into the ocean. it complimented him well, but he can hardly keep his eyes open long enough for you to continue staring.

    "good morning," he groans. his voice was raspy, which gave you every more reason to swoon over him. he rubbed his eyes with his fingers, rubbing the sleep out of them. "what time is it, love?"

    you glanced at your phone. you smiled at matt before replying, "7:13."

    he lets out a big sigh, grabbing your arm and pulling you into him all in one swift motion, which caught you off guard. you chuckled, but you cling onto him regardless. "if it's that early, why are you awake right now?"

    "i'm studying with my friend at 10, remember?" you asked, your voice softened into his chest. you toyed with the soft fabric of his faded blue t-shirt that he slept in, the one you got him from your recent trip to new york. you breathed him in, nothing but the scent of something so distinctly matt filling your senses. you smiled to yourself.

    "no- i don't remember that." his voice vibrated in his chest, and you felt it as you lay your head on him. you could practically hear the smirk as he spoke. you knew he remembered your plans, it was just his weird way of getting you to stay in bed with him.

    "matt, i-"

    "just a few more minutes?" he asked- no, practically begged you. you looked up at his eyes; they were big and pleading, as if he were a puppy dog begging for your food at the dinner table. you thought about it in your head, planned out the situation, but it was hard to deny your boyfriend when he was snaking his calloused hand up and down your back. and thus, you caved.

    now matt was the one clinging to you like a koala. his head was stuffed into your neck, and his arms gripped onto you so tightly that you thought he was falling off the bed or something. you let your hand creep up to his hair, combing through the brown strands on his scalp. his hair tickled against your neck, but you figured you'd let it remain there, as you couldn't bother waking him up again.

    rays of yellow light beamed into the bedroom, a subtle breeze entering through the window. your eyes skimmed the room, taking in the peacefulness of the november morning. mornings like these make your heart swell, where you could feel the most at ease. where you wish you could pause, and live in this state of heaven forever.

    it was nearing 8am, and you figured you needed to get up now, or you'd never get out of the coziness that was the bed. it was now or never. the only problem? the boy clinging to you like you were his lifeboat.

    you shifted around matt, trying not to wake him. but to no avail, he would not budge. this was going to be harder than you thought. you tried to peel him off of you, but his grip was steady. you tried to sneak out from underneath him, but the mass of his weight was on you, it was too heavy. there was only one last resort: waking the morning-grump up.

    you tickled behind his ears as he let soft snores escape from his mouth. the tickling travelled down his back, and when you felt him shudder beneath your touch, you knew he was awake. "you want to get up yet, sleepyhead?"

    "not really," he murmured into your neck. his voice felt funny against your skin.

    "well- it's time for me to get up." you said, creating a cue for him to peel his body off of you.

    all he said was: "okay."

    you waited, but he didn't make a move. "matt, that means you actually have to get off me."

    he shook his head. you sighed, trying to get him off of you yourself. if he wasn't gonna do it, you might as well do it yourself. but when his lips pressed to that one spot on your neck that he knew oh-so-well, suddenly there was no need to get out of bed anymore. you relaxed into his touch as his delicate lips slowly travelled upwards to your jaw, and eventually he hovered right above your lips. he was so close to you that you felt his breath against your skin, and if you wanted to, you could've counted each and every one of his eyelashes right then and there. his lips grazed yours ever so slightly, smirking before saying something to you. "you'd better go get ready then."

    and that was that.

    he got off of you just like that, leaving you stunned in the bed. he knew what he was doing, it was evident in the way his eyes gleamed and the way he looked up at you, grinning like a devil. you felt your face heat up. "matt, don't do that!"

    "don't do what?" he innocently asked, walking around to the other side of the bed where you lay. you covered your face in your hands, embarrassed. he chuckled.

    "i hate you so much," you smiled.

    matt smiled right back at you, before leaning down and planting a delicate kiss to your lips. if it weren't for the fact that you were meeting a friend soon, you would've pulled him right back into bed and kissed him for what feels like forever. if you could kiss him for the rest of your life, you would. his lips molded with yours, moving in sync; your head spinned, and even though you had kissed many many times before, matt never failed to render you speechless. that felt pretty good to him.

    "alright, i need to shower." you pushed him off of you before you could get too distracted.

    he winked at you. "funny, i was about to do the same."

AUTHORS NOTE !!
lol this is the third time i've
reused this imagine for one of my
books hahaha but i do really love
this one and i wanted to update quickly :)