best friend's brother

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

    you sat awkwardly on matt's bed, waiting for him to come back with the star wars lego set. you shifted on the squishy mattress, unsure what to do with your hands.

    you and matt had known each other ever since high school. you first met nick in your sophomore english class and you were quickly introduced to his rambunctious other brother's, but you were still closest to nick. you and nick had been absolute best friends ever since, sharing the most memorable moments together and spending all your time together. you told nick absolutely everything; he was the first person you went to when you were sad, angry, excited, bored- anything! nick was the person who knew you inside out and there wasn't a single detail he didn't know about you. except for one tiny, minor detail.

    since junior year, matt had always caught your eye. it was all the little things- the smile matt would give you in the hallway, when he'd offer to hang out with you if nick wasn't available, and the instagram memes he'd send you. but of course, you kept that to yourself. nick never needed to know, because it was just a silly little crush. when you first started gaining feelings for your best friends brother, you tried to ignore it. you brushed it off and over your shoulder, as if it was a piece of dandruff that had fallen onto your clothes. but eventually the so-called 'silly little crush' turned into pretty much being obsessed and in love with matt.

    you'd bring up matt with every chance you got. you'd get to nicks house early when you knew he wouldn't be home yet, just so you could see matt. you'd take the long way at school from class to class, just in hopes of being on the receiving end of that award-winning smile he'd give you. you would 'forget' your phone at nicks house, just so you had an excuse to talk to matt more. you were so sick in love with the boy, and he barely knew.

    five years later and here you were. sitting in matt's room, observing the trinkets and posters he owned. the first date had gone smoothly- perfect, even. matt had asked you out a few days ago, and when you said yes he kissed you. when he picked you up for a nice dinner tonight, he kissed you, and it was like you were on cloud nine. he drove you back to his place, and that's when you both made the ultimate decision to construct a lego millennium falcon that chris had lying around, but he never ever made.

    matt came back to his room, closing the door behind him. "hey- i think there might be a few pieces missing, but that's fine right?"

    "yeah-" you smiled and shivered in the dress you wore. "fine by me."

    "are you cold?" matt asked, settling himself on the floor in front of you. you shrugged, but before you could even answer yourself he was already handing you his black ransom hoodie, and you might've fallen in love with him even more (if that was even a possibility).

    you started building, and it was fun. it had been so long since you built something out of lego, and with matt it was the best thing ever. you even snuck a few photos of him- when he was concentrated and focused it was the most adorable thing ever.

    "you know," matt cleared his throat, "i've liked you for a while."

    that took you by surprise. "really?"

    "yes, really. i always thought you were cute, but you always seemed 'off-limits' to me with how close you are to nick. i knew if i went for you, nick would probably have lost his shit." he explained, and you felt a smile growing on your mouth. "i think the fact that i couldn't go for you made me like you even more."

    you sat there in shock. no way matt had liked you all this time- you never even suspected anything. you thought he was just being friendly to nicks friend, because that's what a good person does. after a few moments of taking in his words, you finally said: "no way."

    matt laughed. "yes, way."

    "since when?"

    "i guess i really started liking you last year." he swallowed. "i knew you liked me, though."

    huh. this was news to you. you felt your face go red hot, and luckily matt hadn't looked up from the lego yet to see your embarrassed expression. you gulped, eyes wide. "you did?"

    "yup. it was pretty obvious." he smiled at you, and all you could do was cover your face in your hands. you thought you were being so slick with the way you acted, but know you knew you should've tried harder to hide it.

    "oh god-" you groaned. and he just laughed, peeling your arms away from your face.

    and then he started kissing you, momentarily pausing the construction of the millennium falcon. he kissed you eagerly, like he had been waiting to do this for so long even though you've kissed matt a few times before. he was making each move confidently, taking the lead and synchronizing his lips with yours and it was so good. it was so good that you thought you were going to pass out- truly. matt had that effect on you. one small move and he had you falling at his feet for him in a heartbeat. it was so easy for him to leave you breathless, because you were just so entranced by everything he did. especially with the way he was kissing you.

    you felt him smile against your lips, and the thought of him smiling as he was kissing you made you smile. but then you were suddenly laughing. you were laughing because it was still so weird to you that matt was kissing you. he chose to kiss you; he was yours and you were his. and that realization made you feel funny.

    you laughed against his lips, and he smiled even wider before pressing his lips to yours again. but when his hand eventually snaked up your waist and up the back of your shirt, you laughed into his mouth yet again. he tried to kiss you another time, hoping that he could stop you from laughing by kissing you, but boy, was he wrong.

    this time, when you couldn't stop laughing, matt pulled away and gleamed at you with furrowed brows as you giggled to no one but yourself. he admired the way you sounded when you laughed, but he was also focused on what on earth you were laughing about. he eventually started to snicker (with the biggest smile plastered on his face). he said, "what?! why are you laughing?"

    "no- no, it's nothing!" you said in between breaths.

    "seriously! what's so funny?" he smiled.

    you finally composed yourself. "nothing- i don't know! i guess it's just still so weird to me that you like me."

    matt seemed even more confused. he tilted his head a few degrees to your left and he placed himself closer to you on the bed. "what do you mean?"

    "well," you swallowed, sitting yourself closer to him as well. you giggled as you continued. "i've had, like- the biggest crush on you for the longest time-"

    "wait- wait, wait," matt interrupted you. "you have a crush on me?" he teased, and the tips of your ears went red hot.

     "shut up!" you shoved his arm, and he smiled at you like you were his world, and you would've done anything and everything to get him to look at you like that forever. in one swift motion, he pulled you on top of him until he was flat on his back and he kissed you again. and it was truly pure, utter, sweet heaven.

AUTHORS NOTE !!
unsure if i like how this one turned out...
i have many more updates planned xx