think later

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow through the windows of the triplet's home, you found yourself smiling from ear to ear. your cheeks and stomach hurt as you doubled over in boisterous laughter, joining the boys in laughing at some stupid stories nick was explaining in full detail. the rhythmic sounds of your laughter filled the room, mingling with the gentle hum of the fan in the corner of the room.

while you visit the boys as much as you can- and they visit you whenever they're back in boston- you hadn't seen them for months. you four truly try as hard as you can to see each other whenever an opportunity presents itself, however it makes it no easier when you're apart and haven't seen each other for a while. you'd always find yourself tearing up at the airport, whether you were the one leaving or they were. some might call you dramatic for missing your friends that much, but these boys have been with you since childhood. you knew them inside out, and they knew you better than you knew yourself. you were the first person nick came out to, you were the first person chris would go to for advice, and matt was... well, matt was different.

you didn't even know how to begin to describe matt. he was your favourite person in the whole entire universe, only two other people sharing that title were nick and chris (but matt took the cake just by a little bit more). you felt most comfortable with matt, like he allowed you to be your most true, authentic version of yourself. and maybe that's what's drew you to him more than nick and chris, or maybe it was his boyish looks- but whatever it may be, you liked it. a lot. maybe perhaps a bit more than you should. there was something more between you and matt, that was undeniable. everyone and their mother knew that. every glance, every touch, every word shared, hinted at something deeper beneath the surface; a silent understanding that surpassed mere friendship. you laughed together, you cried together, and supported each other through every up and down. yet, despite the undeniable chemistry between you and matt, neither of you acted on it. the two of you never spoke about this relationship you had. it was there, but it was left untouched, waiting to be revealed, like a dusty book from the top shelf. you were both far too scared to ruin the friendship you had, so you just left the situation like it was nothing.

you had managed to catch your breath, your face red from all the laughter, and you smiled to yourself. you were grateful for these boys, and it felt like nothing could ruin the moment.

until there was a knock at their front door.

"i'll get it-" nick said, scrambling off the couch to hurry to the door down the stairs. you took a sip of your cherry coke while you all waited for nick to come back, assuming the door was nothing serious. but when you saw nick coming back up the stairs with wide eyes and fighting back a laugh, you furrowed your brows.

    "what?" you asked, "who is it?"

    "it's sophia." nick said quietly, looking straight at matt and no one else. chris let out a small gasp.

    your brows furrowed in confusion even more, if that was possible. "sophia? who's-"

    "shit." matt muttered. then he looked at you. "shit- shit, shit."

your eyes narrowed, watching matt as he seemed to panic when he stood up. he ran a flustered hand through his hair, and then he took a deep breath and rushed down the stairs to the door. you couldn't focus on anything else, other than who the hell was sophia and why was matt so stressed she was here? you turned expectantly to chris, hoping he'd give you some sort of information as to who she was, but chris was just giving nick the widest eyes you'd ever seen. clearly, there was something going on that you were stupidly unaware of. you felt like an embarrassed idiot. "who is she?"