moving in secret

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

    "can you guys just please not hate each other for like, two seconds?" chris rolled his eyes, scarfing down more of his taco bell. your lips curled in anger at the thought of being civil with the boy across the table from you.

    "yeah- actually it's getting very annoying." nick stated with a mouthful of food, "i can't stand you two fighting all the time."

    "i would if she stopped acting like such a fuckin' brat." matt mumbled, taking a sip from his root beer. you felt your cheeks bubble up with anger, frustration coursing through your veins like a drug.

    what the actual hell is wrong with him?

    "if matt wasn't such a baby i'd consider it," you mumbled.

    you were friends with nick first. you met in your tenth grade english class, and when none of your friends landed in the same english period as you, nick sat with you. not out of pity, not to be nice, he sat with you because he wanted to. he was just that kind of guy. you clicked instantly- laughing all class instead of doing your assignments, and hanging out all the time outside of school. nick was the best friend you never knew you needed. he knew you inside and out, and the amount of good memories you had with nick was unfathomable. you met chris shortly after becoming closer to nick, and chris was protective of you in the way any brotherly figure would be. if anyone said shit about you, chris was the first one to be angry for you, threatening to punch someone if they messed with you. he was the brother you never had, and you couldn't be more grateful for him. nick and chris were the most genuine people you had ever met, and so you assumed the third brother would be the same. boy, were you wrong.

    when you laid eyes on him the first time, you knew you were attracted to him. he was cute in a way that others weren't- he had some sort of quality that just drew you to him. you weren't sure what it was, but before you even spoke to him, matt had always caught your eye. he had scrawny, coffee brown hair and the most captivating ocean-blue eyes, and his eyes sparkled with stars when he smiled. but when the first word he said to you left his mouth, all that attraction had fizzled out like the candles being blown out on a birthday cake.

    "who is she?" he said in a rude tone, eyes crumpled up in a judgemental gaze as he turned to nick- ignoring the introduction of yourself you gave him. your brows furrowed, and just like that, instantly, your interest in matt was gone.

    his attitude had turned you off, leaving you with not the best first impression. at first, you made it a whole mission to get matt to like you, because clearly you got started off on the wrong foot. you would constantly send him memes on instagram, always asking how his day was, and always listening to his voice when chris and nick would talk over him. you were doing literally everything you could, you might as well had got on your hands and knees and bow down to his throne. but matt's attitude towards you would not budge- he was putting up a strong ordeal that you were not his favourite person. he made it so very clear that he did not like you, and you had absolutely zero clue what you had done. but when you eventually realized he didn't appreciate the things you'd do, you figured you should just let it go. but albeit, you were a petty girl. and so, you reciprocated his actions.

    it's no secret that you and matt didn't get along. it's no secret that matt made you want to crawl out of your own skin. and it's definitely no secret that you made matt's blood boil with every word that came out of your mouth; even with something as simple as just your mere presence.

    the four of you watched a movie in the triplets living room- the dark knight to be specific, because chris claimed it was one of his favourite movies ever, so you needed to see what all this praise was about. nick suggested another movie, claiming the dark knight is boring even though he'd never seen it. in truth, it really was a good movie, you liked it. you could tell nick liked it, but he would never admit that he did because he was the only one that threw such a fit when chris suggested it.