Prolouge Part 2: The King's Three Commandments

Inside of the temple, all of the remaining students were now silent in terror at the sight before them. One of their friends tried to escape and it resulted in her death as one of the many statues destroyed her head.

Motoyasu: T-That thing moves?!

Mai tried to calm everyone down in their panic, but the reality hit her as she realized a very important fact.

Mai: Wait. If that one can move, then what's stopping the others from doing it?

Itsuki looked back at the king statue.

Itsuki: D-Does that mean...even the big one can move...?

As Kagari looked at the king statue, he saw that it was looking at both of them with glowing orange eyes, ready to attack.

Knowing what was going to happen, Kagari grabbed Mai and brought her to the ground.

Kagari: Everyone! Get down now!

Just as everyone got down, the king statue unleashed a powerful laser beam from his eyes

Just as everyone got down, the king statue unleashed a powerful laser beam from his eyes. As the attack stopped, smoke came out of the statue's eyes.

Girl 3: What the hell?....I wanna go home....please...help me...

Itsuki: E-Everyone stay calm....we're all going to be alright...

Kouki: If we didn't duck back there, I would have been dead right now....

Girl 4: I...I'm so scared! I don't want to be here!

Kagari stood over Mai, who was too terrified to move anymore.

Kagari: Mai! Mai, please get up!

Ren: Nobody move! If we stand up, that statue will attack us again!

Girl 1: R-Ren!

Motoyasu: Tch, that's some bullshit.

Mai was currently in a fetal position, unable to move as Kagari tried to snap her out of it until she was finally back to her senses.

Mai: Ren, please tell me. How many have died..?

Ren: Thankfully, none. We all managed to avoid the blast. But how did you know it would attack us, Sanashi?

Kagari: I just had a bad feeling, that's all. But do you think there's a way to escape.

Ren: Sadly, I doubt it.

Mai: Which means we're all at that thing's mercy.

Kagari's Thoughts: (If I remember correctly, this place is call the Carthenon Temple, and it has its own set of Commandments...)

"First: Worship The Lord, Second: Praise The Lord, Third: Prove Your Faith"

As Kagari thought this over in his head, he looked back at the giant king statue. He felt as if he was standing before...a higher being.