Owning up

"This season's participants all have integrity," the assistant bot groaned. "Not fair!"

"Yea, let's make the next theme Mistakes but with a twist: they are not allowed to make it deliberately! We have been too kind to the contestants!" The boss bot suggested.
🌪️
A few days later, Mindy was finishing her bag packing, when she felt the ground rumble. Screaming, she let anti-gravity take her to her place she had to go—the basement for the integrity game.
🌪️
In the basement, 129 others gathered in the crammed room. However, the bots didn't care. They just wanted their instructions to be carried out.

The fourth theme of the game is Mistakes. The player will make a mistake, and they will be graded based on their ability to deal with their mistake. However, they would be automatically disqualified if they made the mistake on purpose.
🌪️
The following day, Mindy was happily walking while singing Queendom under her breath. However, Mindy was so caught up in song she didn't notice Stacey. And...she bumped into Stacey.

Stacey fell forward and landed with a thud. Hearing a groan, Mindy stopped her song humming and rushed up to Stacey immediately. "Omg Stacey are you ok?" Mindy asked frantically.

Finally regaining her senses, Stacey got up and replied, "Nothing, it's just some abrasions. We could go to the General Office and receive some first aid!"
🌪️
At the General Office, the General Office staff were kind enough to treat Stacey's wound. Once Stacey's hand was treated, Mindy confessed, "I'm so sorry! I didn't notice you."

"I should be the one apologising! I was checking my TikTok in the corridor!" Stacey admitted. "We should get a late pass!"

As if the General Office staff read them, they generously passed the duo the late pass. "It's just five minutes, so say there was a little incident," the staff reassured. "And Mindy you actually fixed your mistake. How honest of you."

Mindy smiled guiltily as the staff. This round was too easy for her.
🌪️
When Mindy returned to class, Mindy passed out the late pass. Mrs Lee took her pass, before whispering, "Good job Mindy. I'll always remember you for your integrity."

Uncontrollably, Mindy broke into a small smile. Whatever that happened, she deserved it. In both a good and bad way.
🌪️
After school, Mindy pulled out her phone from her bag. The first message she received in her phone was:

Congrats, #001. You passed the fourth round.