•14•

I adjusted the bag filled with assignments and my laptop on my shoulder as I made my way through the SC. Avoiding the sea of people and horribly hidden stares, I kept my eyes out for the only reason I'm walking through the winding building.

Glancing around, they finally landed on the one person who could manage to catch my attention without even noticing that I'm here. Not wanting to be seen, I kept my spot across the study hall standing at the left of the entrance.

So damn beautiful. I thought to myself. Using being unseen to my advantage, I took in her appearance.

She was dressed comfortably. The oversized hoodie and sweatpants swallowed her curvy figure and kept it hidden from the eyes of any man that was dumb enough to think he had a chance to even be next to her.

I felt the grin make its way onto my face as I thought about how I'd managed to do something they would never have the opportunity to. Even if it was something as simple as being able to make her laugh, I couldn't ignore the warmth that stretched through my chest at the fact that it was me doing it to her.

My eyes continued their sweep over her, stopping when I took in the pained expression she was wearing. She did her best to hide it with a fake smile and while this would fool anybody who hasn't taken up the hobby of studying her as intently as I do, I see right through it.

Before she could feel my eyes on her, I turned and made my way back out of the hall.

" 'scuse me." I mumbled as I made my way through the crowded lobby, ignoring the whispers as I parted through. I passed a few of the student restaurants, only stopping when I made it to the automatic doors of the campus convenient store.

Once inside I was on a mission. I walked to the back where the refrigerated items were and pulled out a Fiji and a Ginger Ale, letting the door close on its own accord after I turned away.
My attention now to the isles, I scanned through all of the options in front of me.

Like clockwork my eyes landed on the chocolate.
I scooped up a few of the Mr. Goodbars without a second thought, remembering her face when she expressed how much she loved it while we were randomly talking about our favorite and most hated candy.

Era su favorito.
(it was her favorite.)

After setting my stuff on the counter and adding a solo pack of relief medicine to the pile, I looked down at everything hoping this would be enough.

I ain't no pro at buying girls what they need to help them through their time of the month, but I do have two sisters and a mother. When I was growing up this is just what I saw my Pops do and it always seemed to work and maintain some kind of balance in the house.

"Preciate it." I said flatly to the woman behind the counter, ignoring her flirtatious gaze as I grabbed the bag from her hands. Without another word, I walked out of the same doors I walked through not even ten minutes ago and started making my way back to the study hall.

The trip seemed a little longer, for some reason. I held the bag in my hand, thinking about what I would say if she wanted to know why I was here.

I definitely won't be telling her the truth. I thought to myself, feeling the irritation start to resurface at the memory of the unknown number popping across the top of her screen with a flood of messages that were obviously from someone trying to push up.

"Calma Phoenix." I chanted internally, releasing my clenched jaw.

Even though me finding out that she would be meeting here with some bichó raro wasn't due to me invading her privacy or anything strange, I still don't know how to explain why I thought it was important for me to be here without admitting some things I know she's not ready to hear.