Chapter 43: Fallen Princess

"Ahhhh!".

As they apparate into the foyer of Riddle Manor, Lilith screams out in pain, clutching onto Draco as hard as she can. As he attempts to calm her down, Severus runs in the room with Narcissa in tow. 

He runs over and takes Lilith from Draco, "I've got you, baby".

She starts sobbing in pain, "D-daddy, it hurts. M-make it stop!".

Severus rocks back and forth, "Shh, shh, it's alright. I'm here". He starts tearing up, "Daddy's right here, baby".

Lilith's body starts to shake, "It hurts so much, daddy".  

Narcissa leans down holding a vial, "Here, sweetheart".  

She slowly tilts her head back, pouring the pain relief potion into her mouth. After a few seconds, her breath starts to slow down and her body stops shaking. Tears are still rolling down her face.

Narcissa wipes her tears away, "Let's get you to the living room so I can check you both properly".  

Lucius helps to cast a Wingardium Leviosa on Lilith, so that she wasn't jostled around too much as they moved into the next room. Narcissa wraps her arms around her dazed son, leading him behind the others. Lilith gets gently placed on the couch still holding her side, groaning as Severus helps put a pillow under her head.  

Tom runs into the room, "Lilith!".

She tries to sit up, "G-grandpa?".

He runs over and sits by her side, "Woah, woah, woah. Stay down, sweetheart, don't hurt yourself more than you already are".  

Severus looks up, "What happened out there, Draco?".

He notices that Draco was still quite dazed, not looking away from Lilith laying on the couch. Severus stands and slowly walks over to the back of the couch.  

He grabs his arms and Draco jumps in his spot, "What?".

Severus sighs and leans down slightly, "Draco, bubba. I know this is scary, but I need you to tell me what exactly happened so we can help her".

Draco shakily nods his head, "O-ok. Um, a-after the game we were relaxing in the tent b-before going out to find C-cedric. We...we ran into Weasley and...actually had a decent conversation. Anyway, we heard what sounded l-like fireworks, but it was...actually the sound of spells being thrown".

Lilith whimpers, "Death Eaters".  

Tom turns to her shocked, "What did you say?".

She sighs, "T-they looked like Death Eaters. They were w-wearing the robes but...the m-masks...".

Draco nods, "They were pure black. Meaning they're the lowest ranking".  

Severus sighs, "Go on, Draco".

"We were r-running back to the tent when we ran i-into one of them. T-they...threw a spell at us w-which made us land hard on the ground. I...the next thing I heard was Lilith crying out in pain when s-she got launched into a tree".

Lucius continues, "That's where I found them and sent the message to you".  

Narcissa nods and walks over to her son, "Well, first things first, we need to get you off your feet. You would have hit your head pretty hard so you could have a concussion. Go sit with your father".  

Lucius leads him over to one of the couches, sitting down before bringing Draco to sit on his lap. Draco leans back on his father before the effects of the attack finally catch up to his body. He feels a sudden pressure in his head and grogginess takes over.

He lets out a groan as Lucius chuckles, "Your mother knows you too well".  

Narcissa walks over to Lilith's side, "Let's get you checked out, sweetheart, so we can get you two to bed".