23 ~ Naming Ceremony

15K Votes ❤️

Suman POV

I looked at Nandani getting ready for the naming ceremony of the Princess. She sighed deeply with frustration and looked at me. I could not stop myself from smiling. She had gained weight during the pregnancy and was having trouble tying the waist band.

"Let me help,"

I said and she nodded standing up.

"Inhale," I said and she pulled her stomach in and I tightened the knot and she exhaled deeply.

"I hope it will not hurt you,"

I tried to say and she shook her head.

"I will come out of it as soon as the ceremony ends. And, I have to lose weight. It's not looking good on me,"

She said with the pouted face and I shook my head.

"You are looking beautiful as always, cuter though,"

A wide smile appeared on my face and she said.

"I will tell Rudra to help me lose weight,"

I thinned my brows with confusion.

"How can he help?"

And, she gave me side eyes saying.

"With sex,"

Her bold words immediately reminded me of Kunwar Agastya and I could not help but lower my gaze. A part of me wanted to tell her everything but that would mean, creating problems in his wedding, if it was going to be. Also, it was not my place to become a hurdle in that. If it meant anything for him, he should make everyone aware about that.

But, I did not know why seeing him with Princess Rashmika made me feel bad. Especially after what happened the other night. The image of his face sucking on my fingers was still vivid in front of my eyes. His eyes looked devilishly attractive. And, his soft curls looked cute.

"Why are you smiling?"

Nandani brought me out of thoughts and I immediately shook my head.

"Umm, it's the Princess' naming ceremony,"

I tried to say and she smiled all of sudden.

"Yes, Suman, I cannot believe how far we have come but,"

She stopped and I looked at her face turning upset. Her cheeks flushed red and I held her hands.

"But, I hope Baapusa was here with us. I hope he sees his grandchild. I wanted him to be my first child,"

Tears rolled down her cheeks and I shook my head.

"He is still watching you, Nandani. From a better place though,"

I tried to say and she sat down on the couch, letting the tears roll down freely and sobbing a little.

"But, still, even I am happy that I got everything it feels like a void in it. You know he would have cried seeing the baby. He was fond of children. He had always been supportive and positive about things. I cannot believe why he deserved to be departed too soon,"

I kneeled before her and gulped silently looking at her. She sobbed and I tried to wash her tears away.

"He was in pain, Nandani. Even if he was here but the condition he got into, he would not have felt happy. It would be too selfish too think about only your pain. And, trust me, he just cannot talk to you but right now seeing you crying for him, he must be crying for his beautiful and powerful daughter too. I do not think he would like you crying at the auspicious naming ceremony of your daughter. He would want you to remember him with happiness. That's what he asked everyone to do when he left. To remember him in happiness so that his soul feels happy seeing his family smiling,"