29 ~ Secret Muse

15K Votes ❤️

Agastya POV

I watched the orange hues of the early morning, motioning into the bright sunlight with each step we took to figure out the directions of Suryagarh. Our wet, dirty clothes covered in mud dried up.

We had walked several miles away from the river opening we discovered. The mountains were near, and so did the threat.

The noise of the river flowing was noticeable. And we were walking towards it to get a glimpse of it, at least.

"There it is,"

Eklavya's voice caught my attention, and I gulped down to wet my throat. I was thirsty and even hungry, too. But we kept climbing the small mountain until our sight fell on the sparkling blue water running through the hills.

I signed sincerely as my heart sank deeper with the fear.

It was a wide river that could accommodate too many boats without any problem. The rain would not be around for another three months, meaning the season was non-flood, and the water passage would be comfortable.

"We are done,"

I said, sitting down on the muddy hill against the tree, witnessing a view that could be soothing to many but a heartbreak to me.

I did not know what to do now. I did not imagine it would be this big; the whole planning and our people conspired against us for power.

I closed my eyes, unable to digest it. There was a tightness in my chest and coldness freezing on my skin.

Amid all of this, only two good things happened in my life. One was my niece and the other was my wife.

I thought I would spend time with them today, but it seemed like we did not have much time left. The threat turned out to be more dangerous than I had imagined.

"We should head back home,"

Eklavya said, catching my attention. I looked at him with a weak smile.

"Yes, we should,"

"And we need to discuss it with everyone so that everyone would be prepared,"

He added, and I stood up, giving him a hand.

"We will. Everyone is in Suryagarh, and despite it being against my heart, we still have to break everyone's happy shell,"

I said, and we both turned back to find horses tied around the Mehrangarh in someone's grass fields so that they would have a feast.

It turned afternoon by the time we found them as we walked.

And, without wasting any more time, we began our journey back home.

The darkness captured the bright sun, turning into midnight when we both reached there. We silently left our horses in the stable, and I walked back to my chamber without coming to anyone's notice.

After taking a long bath, I came out to sit in my open, private garden, attached to the chamber, to relieve my body from the coldness.

I collected the wooden pieces and lit the fire before sitting around silently. There was a different kind of peace today—a silence of tiring sleep after a humongous celebration. Everyone had been in their chamber, and I saw an attendee walking in.

"Shall we get something to eat for you, Kunwarsa,"

She asked, and I nodded weakly with a message.

"Umm, can you ask Suman to meet me?"