Chapter Five.

Once the train had pulled up to Hogwarts everyone climbed off and into either the carriages or boats, Remus and Y/n said good-bye to the trio and got in the Teacher Carriage, which went faster then the students, which means they got to the castle before the others.

They hopped out of the carriage and walked into the castle, making there way into the great hall, then up onto the Teacher's balcony, where there were two free seat, and of course Minerva's vacant one, as she was waiting for the first years.

the two continued to converse as the great hall filled up, and they only ceased when Minerva led in the first years. After the last child had been sorted the great hall erupted in cheers. Dumbledore stood up and made his way to his podium. "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words...before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin..." Dumbledore was cut off by the cheers, so he paused briefly before continuing once it had died down.

"who's kindly consented to fill the post...of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor." Dumbledore looked to Remus who nodded politely. "Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher has decided to retire, in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other...than, Ms. Y/n Scamander!"

Y/n stood from her seat and waved, the loudest cheers coming from the Gryffindor table. "As some as you may know Ms. Scamander here is our youngest professor at only twenty-six years old and is one of the highest ranking Auror's!" Y/n sat back down as Dumbledore continued. 

"Finally, on a more disquieting note...at the request of the Ministry of Magic...Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured." The students whispered in terror.

"The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way."

"Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Dumbledore said, extinguishing a candle, then relighting it with a wave of his hand. Y/n's stomach dropped, she was worried for Sirius.

The feast that night was just as amazing as Y/n had remembered it, there was so much food, and the atmosphere was light, despite the news. Y/n ate so much she thought she might pop, of course Remus made fun of her but she knew he was enjoying the dinner as much as she was. Her old head of house, Snape gave her a nod of greeting before going back to his food.

When she looked up at the Gryffindor table all the Weasley's were giving her bright smiles, she waved at them and got happy waves back. She made eye contact with her cousin Draco, who nodded politely.

That night Y/n went to bed feeling stuffed and quite pleasant, she of course took a sleeping draught because of her nerves, but fell asleep soon after.

~~~The Next Day~~~

Y/n had woken early the next day, still on her Auror schedule she had an hour before breakfast, so she went over her lesson plan. Y/n was never one for house rivalries, infact she hated them.

All the houses always think lowly of Slytherins. Yeah, almost everyone in Slytherin has been horrible and corrupt, but their has also been proof of good Slytherins. Like Phoenix and Narcissa Black and Y/n herself!