21

After that eventful dinner, we had a case of food coma, so we laid over the couch and put on a movie.

Taehyung went to bed because he nearly passed out on the couch.
Jungkook did pass out on the couch and is currently snoring through the movie, so we can't hear shit.
And Jimin is completely relaxed into his spot, his legs stretched over mine and Jungkook's.

'I should head out. It's kinda late.'

Not kinda. It's almost 1 in the morning.

'Did you drive here?'

'Nah. I kind of ran out without the keys. I got stopped with the whole marriage thing, so I dipped.'

He pulled his legs away and sat up, cracking his neck. 'Shall we?'

'Where are you going?'

'You're not walking home alone at this hour. I'll go with you.'

I squinted my eyes at him because for a moment, I thought he was trolling, but then I realised he was serious. 'You know this is not my first time going home at this time, right?'

'Mhm.' He hummed and walked off, putting on his shoes in the hallway

I guess this is happening.

He locked the house as we got out,  shoved the keys in his pocket, and then skipped lightly down the stairs. He suddenly stopped, but only to take a deep breath.

'Everything okay?' He looked stressed, so I was a bit worried

'Now yes.' He nodded to himself

He walked slowly, so I walked to match his speed, one small step at the time. And it was a lot more relaxing than I thought it would be.

It was nice and peaceful out. Barely a few people here and there. Most of the lights were off, too, and the night was warm.

'Thank you.' He was unusually silent, which was distracting, so I thought I'd break that appart

'What for?'

'Walking me home. And for standing up for me earlier.'

'I was honestly more surprised that you didn't stand up for yourself. Where did that sassy part go tonight?'

I let out a tiny chuckle, looking ahead as we kept walking. 'She was about an inch away from clawing off my face, and I didn't feel like giving into a child's whim.'

He chuckled as well, kicking a little pebble in his way. 'I guess so. She loves being the centre of attention. I guess her and Tae are siblings after all.'

We tried to keep our laughter quiet in the silent streets, but his giggles only made me want to laugh more.

'Seriously though, tell her off. Don't let her act like that.'

'That's rich coming from you.' I tease, earning a little nudge that made me giggle

'I am allowed to annoy you. I know you. She doesn't, and she's doing it out of jealousy.'

'Sounds like the jealous one is you.' I tease again

'That so?' His eyebrow went up, and then I went up. He picked me up like he did at my house and brought me close to the river while I held onto him for dear life.

'Don't you fucking dare!' I was panicking through laughter, grabbing his shirt tighter.

'Take that back.' He was being a snickering little shit, shaking me and threatening to throw me into the pitch black water that is radiating cold even from afar