27

I was ecstatic when Jimin agreed to proceed with the lawsuit. I was afraid that he would not want to do it and that everything would fall through, but that didn't happen. Scared as he was of what could happen, he said he'd do it.

I showed him everything I had, just to keep him in the loop. He listened to all the tapes as well and was furious about being blacklised as if she hadn't done enough already.

But now I have it all. I have the evidence, documents, people... and I have my main point of the trial. Jimin.

Well, I need one more thing. Just a single small one. I need a lawyer.

I am only a law student, so I can't practice law or represent anyone in the court of law until I pass the state bar and get my degree. The only way for me to do so would be to have a liscenced attorney with a degree on the bench to support me. And I know exactly where to find one.

I waited like a dog for my father to come home. I paced around in circles, running the length of a marathon as I waited for him to walk through the door. I watched the sun set down, and just when the last ray of sun disappeared behind the horizon, the front door opened, and a sound of sturdy steps echoed on the tiles.

I nearly died from nerves the moment I saw him. I never asked him for help, not ever. Not even when I was a child. I'm stepping over myself here, but if this is what I need to do to help Jimin, then I will gladly crush my pride.

'Father, do you have a moment?'

He sighed deeply, 'If it is something silly, please-'

'I need your help.'

He stopped walking, the lowly echos of the shoes disappearing with it. His face was the one of surprise and shock as I spoke the words I never spoke before.

'You? You need help? From me?'

'Unfortunately.'

'Hmm. I'm not in the helping mood, but I will listen to your request out of pure curiosity.'

'That's all I need. Would you mind coming with me? There is something that I need to show you.'

'Lead.' He gestured, and walked after me to our dining table which had every file and the tapes and every spec of document I had laid out on it. 'What is all this?'

'Take a seat.'

He raised an eyebrow, but he sat down, putting his briefcase on the table as well. Without a word, I passed him the first file.

'Huh.' He made some weird face, his mouth twisting downwards and his eyebrows furrowing. He then kept opening file by file, skimming through the words. 'Is this the same research you have been working on before?' He asks, looking up at me and then back at the red file in his hands, containing all the emails.

'Did you collect all of this yourself?'

'Who else would do it?' I sigh

'I thought you were doing this for research only.' He chuckled a little, sounding like he is actually teasing me

'Does it matter?'

'Not to me, but to you apparently it does. A lot. This is an incredbile amount of information to find within a few weeks. And on your own. I am... impressed. You have a complete case.'

There was no mockery in his voice. He was genuinely pleasantly surprised, and praising me.

'I assume this Jimin person is the main focus?' He asks as he keep going through things, finding his name on everything

'You would assume correctly. He got fired because he refused to have sex with his boss, and then she blacklisted him in the industry, so he can't even find a job.'