09|voice

The phone range, not even for a solid two seconds before the girl picked up. She had been eager to hear his voice, and to figure out if he was a catfish or not.

"Hi," she mumbled, her soft voice floating between the two.

The boy stayed silent for a second, soaking in the fact that she was a girl. A girl who's voice sounded like music to his ears.

"hey," he grumbled, his deep and husky voice infiltrating her ears.

The girl gasped before she spoke, "Oh my lanta, you're actually a boy! Talk about plot twists, man."

"And you're just as annoying as you are over text."

"Mhm, mhm. Now, enlighten me on how you do...whatever this all is."

"Mmh, " he hums lightly," it's simple"

She laughs inwardly."Well, explain then."

The two trailed off, talking about math for a whopping fifteen minutes before the girl got distracted.

"Why did I take AP classes?" she groaned to the boy on the other side of the line.

"That's a good question. I still struggle with AP English Lit," he bashfully mumbled to himself.

That did not stop the girl from hearing.

"Oh my gosh, I literally love English Lit! I can totally help you with that!" she beamed, excited to stay on the phone with him longer.

He was excited too, not that he'd ever admit it. "Help me do it," he grumbled unde his breath.

"Oh, what was that?"

"Shut up."

"I wanna hear it again."

"No."

"Please, " the girl begged. Inside, the boy broke hearing those words. His inner walls previously preventing anyone from getting close broke down. All for a girl who's name he still didn't know.

"Fine," he begrudgingly agreed, only secretly excited that she wanted to hear his voice. At least, that's how he chose to take it.

"Will you puh-lease help me with my AP English Lit?" he says in an overexaggerated, high pitched voice. The girl laugh, the boys stomach erupted in butterflies.

Sh nodded for a second, until remembering that he can not se her. "Yes, yes I will! What are you doing? "

"Not even sure. Exposure? Something like that."

"I love that!" He was starting to believe she loved everything.

"Well then, explain it to me"

***
so uhm...i tried something new!! Whachya think?
The call, the third person, the longer chapter it's all bit new.

And ik the chapte isn't long but the chapters I'm this book ar meant to be around 200 words. But this ok is around 420, and the chapters will get longer as I start easing into their POVs. does that make like any sense??

Also, sorry for making this AN lengthy, ik y'all know their names. But I'll keep referring them as The Girl and The Boy until they share names (which won't take too long...or will it??)

anyways ily all mwah xx