18|see you

"So," Lilac muttered.

"So," Kian mimed.

Lilac laughed shortly, sending an eruption of butterflies throughout Kian's stomach. "I wanna know what you look like," Lilac whispers under her breath, half wishing he wouldn't hear.

The words were out before she could control them. They were nothing but the truth, but a truth Lilac had wanted to stay unspoken. Untouched. Hers alone.

Kian stopped himself from groaning in displeasure. He himself had wanted nothing more than to see her, to see the girl who kept him up at night, the girl who controlled his mood and his thoughts.

"Sorry, I was kinda thinking out loud," Lilac quickly said. "Come to think of it, I wouldn't even want to see you. You're probably super ugly 'nd everything."

He didn't stop himself from himself this time, letting out a deep and hearty laugh. "I don't know if we should do that, Lilac."

She grumbled beneath her breath, covering it with a laugh. She wanted to see him, oh so badly, but the fears of losing him were stopping her.

He wanted nothing more than to see her, but he was scared of the judgment, of her seeing him in a negative light.

"Whatcha' mean by that?" she inquired, masking her very real curiosity as humor.

Kian didn't respond, thinking over how to go about this.

They stayed silent for one, two, three seconds. Another one. Another two. Another three. Not that either was counting.

Kian hummed, "I dunno. Maybe, we should meet up." he was playing a very risky card with this, he knew that.

And lilac hummed.

***

this is like the last chapter in 3rd pov !!
all of the rest will be in first, bc this whole book is experimental and i wanna test it out.

Pretend I updated yesterday plss