16|revelation

-flashback to chapter thirteen, right after Lilac hung up

Lilac picked up her phone, for the first time in weeks, to call someone other than Kian.

She'd spend her days talking to her friends, then only talk to Kian later in the day. Or before she left for the day. On her call with Kian, she came upon a certain revelation.

And she needed to call the Cupid of her school–Dear Darling, as some call her–, Marina Lovett.

"Marina!"

Marina groaned from the other side. "Yes, Lils?"

"We have a big issue. like a huge issue! gigantic, if I may!" lilac whispered shouted into the phone. She inwardly groans to herself, thinking about how skewed this is.

Her friend took in a deep breath, "What happened? The simplified version, please."

"Okay, I think I may or may not have an eensy weensy thing for one of my closest friends."

Marina gasps from the other line. "You like Bria!?"

Lilac bursts out laughing at the absurdity of that, Marina still confused. "No, no! Y'know that guy I usually text?" Lilac doesn't give her any time to respond before speaking again, "Yeah, I like him."

"that's not even that bad, lils, just tell him?"

Lilac's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Nina, no! We've only known each other for two months!"

"that's about the time it takes to fall in love!" Marina giggled, just teasing her.

Lilac groaned in annoyance. "You're not in love. he doesn't even like me at all, forget like me like that."

she looks at the top of her home screen, "Oh no, my phone gonna die. I'm coming over to Brias, text you from hers."

"Kay, bye Lils."

"Bye, Nina."

***
A chapter not about the loml kian...is the world ending??
no, lily is js a bit dramatic.

dw, im easing my way into writing first POV. were getting there. hold out a few more chapters 🙏

anyways ilysm mwah xx