Is The Goddess an Enemy?

Laura's POV

I must talk to my grandmother Luna; I wanted to hear from her mouth that she killed my mother and also my aunt if she was genuine. I liked the truth if everything Jay said was true, and I wasn't losing my mind for believing every word that came out of his mouth. I don't know why I had complete confidence in standing for him, if I was used to knowing his excellent side or because he used to be my Alpha.

It was nightfall, and I was lying in bed, wondering the night away and worrying about Nate. I am trying to figure out what was happening with the protecting the vampire covens. I would like to know if I would receive any information about the mission or if I was to wait for Nate and I would get the info. I sighed deeply, turning my head to look at the space that was missing my mate.

I closed my eyes, thinking about the moon heaven; I wished I learnt how to take myself there cause it was Sandy and my birth mother, the moon goddess, took me there. But then I realized it was my spirit that managed to go to the heavens while my psychical self remained anchored on earth. I could do it myself; I need to use every bit of energy to get my spirit into moon heaven and find the truth.

Answers...

Suddenly, I felt a gentle breeze on my face, but how was that possible if I was indoors? I opened my eyes and was surrounded by a familiar white cloud. I gasped in surprise, then looked around, realizing I was in the moon heaven, and everything looked the same since the last time I was here. I stared down at the moon pool, "Welcome back..."

My body tensed up when I heard her voice. I felt the same power from the first and last time I met her. I lifted my gaze; she sat proudly on a throne with two dark shadows of wolves on each side. She was beautiful yet seemed cold, and I could see she had grace but also a sinister aura. I cleared my throat and stood up straight, "Grandmother." I said with a straight face.

A smirk graced her face, and she leaned back against her throne, "Granddaughter, I am both surprised and pleased about your visit. You haven't visited the heavens for a while; why is that?" She asked, tilting her head.

I tried to match a smirk and took a step forward, "Sorry about that grandmother, but for some reason, my inner wolf's voice suddenly disappeared, and I didn't know how I was going to visit. She was the only one who helped me understand my abilities as a lycan."

"Indeed..." She muttered, clapped her hands and grinned widely, "But here you are! So what brings you here?"

"I came to see my mother. I haven't seen or talked with her for five years now, and I'm worried about her."

She chuckled under her palm and narrowed her gaze on me, "Forgive my manners, as I'm not your typical grandmother who bakes cookies and brings tea for her grandchild. But I will give you an answer that you sneak..." She leaned forward straight-faced, "Your mother is no more."

What?

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying as hard as possible to keep a brave face and tears at bay.

"As in, she's dead," she shrugged like it was nothing and leaned back again. "But from your sudden visit and request to see your mother, I'm guessing Jay spit the beans about your dear grandmother." My hands were on my sides clenched into fists, and I glared up at her; Jay was right. She was nothing more than a monster, but what did she have planned for my children and me? "So, did he at least say his piece about how he killed his mate and agreed to be lycan to be with your mother?"

I ignored her question, "What did you want with my son? Why take him out of his room just for him to only encounter Rebekah when you knew she was after our blood!?"

She furrowed her brows in confusion for a quick second before smirking like it was nothing. Still, I noticed, "Yes, yes, I teleported him out of his room 'cause it would be easy to talk to my great-grandson with no one nosing in. Well, I didn't see Rebekah would be there then, so... What's done is done." She shrugged.

"So what now? Jay failed to protect us, and Rebekah has my son's blood; what are you going to do to us?"

"What I also do when there's a mess," she smirked, lifting her hand and waving it at me.

Gasping awake, I realized I was back in the palace and glancing around, I noticed it was already morning. I slipped out of bed and headed to the bathroom to shower, but I felt a sharp pain in my lower back before I could get in. Hissing in pain, I glanced at my bump. I was worrying too much, and my daughters were paying the price. Still, I needed to devise a way to protect my family and everyone around me.

After taking a long hot shower and changing into something comfortable, I decided after breakfast to find out about the mission and when Nate would return. Then, I need to figure out how to get everyone to believe me and let Jay help me fight against my grandmother. I know if I don't do anything to stop her from harming me and my babies, then it would be all for nothing.

As I was heading down to the kitchen, Sean ran towards me with a worried look, and my heart stopped beating as I held my breath. Did something happen to Hades? Has the mission gone wrong? I thought of all the reasons why he could look this worried.

"Laura! Nate and the others returned, but the mission went south," he panted heavily, bending a bit and trying to catch his breath.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He was showing the vampires that survived to their wing." When he said that, I turned my heels and shifted, heading to the wing where we assigned the vampires. "LAURA, WAIT!" I heard Sean call out but ignored him; I wanted to see my mate. I wanted to tell you about everything.

Sean caught up with my pace, "Laura, you need to be warned about what you'll see. Also, I haven't told Nate about Jay and your face," Sean said. I glared at him, warning him not to tell Nate about that.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone, but I didn't fall as the person wrapped their strong arms around me and pulled me close to their chest. I wanted to pull away because of the strong scent of smoke and... blood, but the sparks started to fly throughout my body. I lifted my gaze and gasped in joy and shock. It was Nate who looked terrible like he was at war.

"Nate, what happened?" I gasped, lifting my hand to touch the small scar he had on his cheek.

He hissed quietly and gently grabbed my wrist, then he shook his head, "It hurts awful if you touch it." He said, grinning; his face was covered in dirt and ash like he was playing in the mud.

"Why hasn't it healed?" Sean asked the same question I was asking myself.

"Don't worry about my wounds; what is this? I heard you facing?" Nate asked, staring down at me. I was still wrapped in his arms, so stepping away was out of the question. I lowered my gaze, but with his free hand, he cupped my chin and lifted my head to make my gaze meet his. "What happened?" He asked again.

I closed my eyes and sighed, "Sean captured Jay, and I spoke with him." As I said this, Nate tightened his grip. "Jay admitted to murder, and he told me my mother, the moon goddess, was killed by my grandmother."

Nate glared at Sean, "How dare you let her talk with Jay?" He asked, his wolf was surfacing, and he was pissed.

"I never thought he would tell that--"

"You know how she felt about his innocence!"

"STOP!" I yelled, getting their attention, "Jay was telling the truth... My grandmother killed my mother, and I'm afraid she may come after our children. Nate, the moon goddess, could be our enemy, and we need Jay's help to stop her."

Sean swore under his breath as Nate was deep in thought; I carefully held his jaw and had him look down at me, "Nate, trust me, please..." I whispered my plea.

He groaned stressfully, "Tonight there's a meeting about the situation, and we'll discuss everything then."