Title of Goddess

Laura's POV

I raised my sword and stood fighting, narrowing my gaze on her, "Oh, you already disappointed me, grandmother." I said.

"Is that so?" She hummed, lazily lifting her sword like there was no challenge. "Then be ready to die," she muttered.

"As you know, once the victor wins, the powers of the loser will taken, and there's no second chance in life..." Thanatos said, taking a few steps back, "You may begin!" He faded away, leaving granddaughter and grandmother alone.

No one moved; we stared at each other as tension rose, and silence surrounded us. This is for my children's future, my mate, my birth mother and all those she has hurt and killed for her sick personal desire! I need to win this. No! I must win this fight to see my babies and my mate. Nate...

I jumped, raising my sword to attack as I closed in. I struck my sword down at her, but my blade clashed with her blade as I pushed my strength on my blade to push through. Our eyes met, and her gaze narrowed into my fiery glare. With one push from her blade, I slid away, and she smirked, "Foolish girl, you have no clue about the art of sword fight." She said, tilting her head.

It was true; I didn't know much about sword fights, but I did know I must win this fight no matter the cost, even if it meant I needed to fight a little dirty. I rushed in with both hands tightly gripping the handle of the sword. As she stood, there was her stupid grin. I swag my blade to her head, and she stepped back and then made her blade meet with mine to block any attack from my sword, and that was when I raised my leg and kicked her gut.

Gasping in shock when she felt my stake, and she stumbled back. I lunged for another stake without wanting her to recover from my attack. She saw I was about to attack again, so she swapped her blade at me to cut me across, but I switched mine to block and push her attack as I ran close to her and kicked her face. However, one of her hands grabbed my ankle, stopping my kick, and she tightened her grip around my ankle. "You are indeed my blood, willing to play dirty in a fight," she said while I growled, and she slid one of her feet to my leg, giving me balance.

I tripped to the ground, landing on my back, and I released a groan in both pain and anger. My eyes snapped open, and I held my breath when I saw the pointy tip of her blade pointed right at my face as she stood before me with a victories grin. Growling under my breath, with my lycan speed, I raised my blade to knock her blade away from my face and slid my legs to the side with strength to trip her legs.

As she stumbled on her footing, I quickly jumped back up on my feet. Before she could fall face down, I roughly grabbed her long flowing hair and pulled her close to me, then raised my blade to meet and placed its cold blade on her neck. She groaned in frustration, noticing her clenched grip on her sword handle. I growled, warning her not to try anything, "You'd caused this mess if you hadn't killed my mother for no reason and threatened to harm my children's lives. We wouldn't be here fighting each other!" I growled, tightening my grip on her hair and staring at my sharp blade that grazed her neck.

She chuckled darkly, "You call this a fight? Ha, this isn't one!" She began to struggle as if she forgot my blade was close to slitting her throat open.

"STOP STRUGGLING!" I yelled angrily, feeling my teeth sharpening into wolf fangs, meaning my wolf was trying to surface. But she continued to struggle, and without second guessing, my mouth parted open and bit down on the crook of her neck and shoulder.

Luna screamed in both pain and shock as I lifted my head, prying my fangs off her crook. She elbowed my side very hard to the point I thought she might have broken my rib. My hold on her weakened, and she took the opportunity to get out of my hold, stumbling to the floor. Noticing she dropped her sword, she was rushing to grab it, and I wasn't going to have it, so I stamped my foot on her hand, causing her to scream in pain. My knee quickly met with her face, and she fell onto her back.