Who Is Causing Trouble?

Laura's POV

I hissed quietly while rubbing my lower back, trying to calm the pain in my lower back. "Love, is everything okay?" Nate asked in a low tone so no one else could hear him.

I flashed him an encouraging smile, "I'm okay, just tired..." I lied; I didn't want Nate worrying about me because we were about to meet to discuss the mission, Jay and the moon goddess, my grandmother.

Nate and others returned this morning, beaten up and tired, but Nate knew we didn't have time to rest, so tonight, he called for a council meeting, and details about the situation would be given. Everyone was seated in their rightful seats, with Maxim and Alexandra attending this meeting. After all, they were here for the vampires and more involved in this situation than ever.

There was silence in the room, and all eyes were on us, the King and Queen. Nate stood up with a cold look on his face. "Recently, we decided to help the vampires find their leaders, but it took a dramatic turn when we discovered the hiding vampires were also in trouble. So, I ordered emergency protection and rescue for all remaining vampire covens. However, the mission became a fight for survival when an unknown group attacked the vampires and the werewolves around to help."

He turned to Liam. He quickly stood with a clear plastic bag and lifted it, showing ripped clothing and what seemed to have a white badge embroidery. Narrowing my gaze, it looked like a bird in the middle of an upside-down cross with two pointed transverses. "This unknown group all had that badge. We are investigating the origin of that symbol. Still, we believe this a newly made organization made to hunt down and kill vampires, and their leader is Rebekah."

Everyone gasped in shock and started murmuring amongst themselves until Elder Grey stood. He bowed, "Alpha King, how sure are you this is Rebekah? If this an organization designed to hunt down and kill vampires, then why would they have a vampire as their leader?" He asked.

"She could be working with them," Maxim said, leaning against his seat with his arms folded across his chest. "Rebekah wants nothing more than to see the end of vampires, so she must have either invested in this group with her knowledge of vampires, or she could have created the group herself." He said, glancing at Liam, then unfolded his arms and stretched out his hand. That was when I realized he had one hand; his left hand was missing. Liam hesitated but handed over the badge, "This has been embroidered in white, and there are two symbols of peace and goodness, the dove and cross. Rebekah might have found her doves to end the vampires." He placed the evidence on the table and leaned back.

"With the blood of a divine being, she has the perfect weapon against vampires," Nate said, breaking the silence in the room. Liam started handing out some papers to everyone as Nate continued, "Just a few nights ago, Rebekah was in the palace woods--" Everyone gasped quietly and started shifting uncomfortably in their seats, building more tension in the room. "That night, the young prince was in the woods where she obtained a divine being's blood, which is known to create and destroy. The images you have received show you what happens to vampires shot by these bullets."

When Liam finally placed the picture in front of me, I gasped when I saw the image; a man was falling against the wall; his skin looked like ash, and he was red as blood, just like my vision. "The vampire is doomed with one bullet unless they try to stop the ash from spreading."

Maxim lifted his left arm, showing his missing hand, "What's worse about this is before dying, the victim will be in horrible pain." He said, then lowered his arm, "I managed to stop the ash from spreading to my whole arm, but my shot hand fell off when the ash completely covered it."

"What about wolves?" Elder Grey asked nervously. Everyone wondered the same question because wolves were involved in the mission. Maxim chuckled darkly and alone.

Nate took a deep breath, "we received reports from packs that got involved in protecting and rescue, and what we witnessed was that one shot from their gun caused unbearable pain and instant knock out. So far, the wolves that are being treated are either dead from the pain or trying to fight the pain, and there's nothing the doctors can do." Then he pointed at the small scar on his cheek, "As you can see, healing is slow."

"How come it never killed the wolves the minute they were shot?" Elder Reed asked, her voice sounded confused and concerned.

"Because their bullets were designed to kill vampires," Alexandra said, rolling her eyes and leaning forward. "From what I can tell, they used magic and science to create this perfect weapon against vampires. This has Rebekah written all over it."

"Witches are involved!?" Elder Reed gasped, and everyone started murmuring to themselves.

"SILENCE!" Nate commanded, and everyone was quiet, "We are not sure if witches are involved, and we shouldn't jump at this. First, we need to locate the whereabouts of this organization and put an end to it before it gets worse. If they discover we are hiding vampires, they may come after us, too. And let's say a bullet can harm a werewolf."

"And where would we get the help in locating their whereabouts?" Elder Smith asked angrily. "We already have a lot on our plate, and now we are deeply involved with the vampires only for us to gain the same enemy!"

Out of nowhere, I banged my hands on the table, shocking everyone, "ENOUGH!" I yelled with my alpha voice, and everyone bowed their heads in submission. "Even if we choose not to help, how wouldn't we have known about them? What if, after wiping the vampires, they decided to come after us, and we didn't know about them? How would we have known about their abilities?" I asked, but only silence answered me, "We are in this until the end; we'll find this organization's hideaway and bring the war to them. Now... I want to talk about Jay."

I took a deep breath and sighed, "he admitted to murdering his mate, and of course, he must be punished. But I want him to be part of this situation--" Everyone began murmuring, and I gave them a warning growl, silencing them. "He has a connection to witches. We can get them to track the hideaway, and we learn a way to prevent their weapons from harming both parties. If you worry he won't take this seriously, he will be there when we attack the organization. In front of everything."

*~*~*~*

"I miss my mommy and daddy," a little girl whined; she had kinky jet-black hair tied into cute pigtails and slightly red eyes staring down at her feet.

"Same here," another little girl said, with raven black hair that flowed on her shoulder and slightly red eyes. She was next to the other girl on the garden bench. It was nightfall, and these girls were seated outside, not minding the slight chill.

"Hey, don't be sad; Mr Maxim promised he'll find them," a young boy said with a warm smile; his blonde hair was messy, and his red eyes looked up at the little girls. He pulled some candy from his pocket and then stretched his hand to him, "Have some candy; it can make you feel happy." He said, but they both shook their heads.

"Simon, didn't you see what happened yesterday?" The girl with raven black hair that flowed to her shoulder asked, narrowing her gaze to the little boy named Simon. "I'm scared..." she muttered.

"Ain't you vampires?" Another young voice was heard in the garden.

The three children glanced at Hades, who approached them without hesitation, "Who are you?" The little girl with kinky jet black hair that was tired in pigtails asked.

"I'm Hades. I live here," he said.

"I'm Simon!" The boy said happily, then showed Hades his hand full of candy. "Would like some candy?" He asked. Hades narrowed his gaze at the boy and shook his head. "Well, more me," he shrugged.

"I'm Grace," the one with cute pigtails said.

"I'm Victoria," the other girl said. "What are you doing out at this time of the night?" She asked.

Hades shrugged, "I like taking a stroll at night, and I also wanted to see vampires. I hear you're pure-blood vampires."

Grace nodded, "Yes, we are, and you're a werewolf?"

He shook his head and smiled slightly, "I'm a lycan, and that's a pure-blood wolf."

"Cool!" Simon exclaimed excitedly. "So, like the same, that's cool, right?" He looked over at Grace and Victoria.

Victoria rolled her eyes and folded her arms, "whatever?"