Time for Action

Laura's POV

"Laura, are you sure this is a good idea?" Kelly nervously asked as I slid the door closed; on the other side of the door was where my babies were sleeping. Three days had passed, and tonight, Nate was going to attack the Doves' hideaway, the perfect time for Thanatos and me to head to the moon heavens to challenge my grandmother. "Maybe you should wait for Nate to make a final decision," she said.

I taught Kelly my plans about challenging my grandmother, the mother goddess, and asked her to watch my babies just in case. So Hades and the twins were sleeping in the same room, so Kelly watched over them; I had guards waiting outside just in case something happened, and I'm hoping nothing happens.

"Kelly, I trust you," I said, placing my hand on her shoulder and gently squeezing her to trust me. Then I turned to Thanatos. "So, are you going unlock my powers?" I asked; he grinned and waved me to come over. I groaned, dragging my feet as I walked towards him. I was freaking out, but I was too tensed up thinking about my grandmother; this needed to end, and I must do this.

I stood before Thanatos; he grabbed my shoulders and made me turn so my back faced him, and then he pushed my ponytail onto my shoulder. My back facing him, I was more nervous since I didn't know what he was doing. Then I felt a cold tip touch the nip of the neck, and I gasped in amazement as I felt shocks like light shot through my body.

It felt like a sugar rush coursing through my veins like electricity and a new boost of energy and confidence. I gasped over my shoulder to Thanatos, who smirked, "feels good?" He asked, wiggling his brows, and I nodded but wondering where the power was coming from. "Sometimes gods/goddesses can unlock a demi's inner power; sometimes, when that demi needs the power to fight a great foe, they can just unlock it themselves. So, Miss Laura, are you ready?" He asked.

Glancing over at Kelly, who looked more nervous and afraid, "Please look after my babies and promise me, if anything happens--"

"NO! Don't think that way," she said, stalking towards me. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me, "You're going fight this b***h, and you're going get out there alive to be with your pups and wait for your mate with open arms." She pulled me into a tight embrace, "Be safe..." She whispered.

I wrapped my arms around her and smiled, "I'll try my best..." I whispered, and we pulled away from the embrace. She stepped back, and I glanced at Thanatos, "I'm ready. Let's go." He placed his hand on my shoulder, and light beamed around us as it got closer and closer; the light shined brighter and white, causing me to close my eyes.

Slowly, I flickered my eyes open and saw white. Clouds, then I glanced to where I remembered seeing Luna sitting on the throne, and there she was, grinning devilishly at us like she was waiting for us. "God of Death, do you come with news of death for either me or..." She said, then looked down at me, "My granddaughter?"

Thanatos stepped away from me and smiled, "Luna, goddess of the moon, still as beautiful as the moon." He said, bowed to her almost like mockery, and winked at her when he rose. "I don't know whose fate is in the line between you. I just came to watch." He glanced at me and nodded me to step forward.

Clearing my throat and stepping forward, holding my head high up, I glanced up to my grandmother, who glared down at me, then Thanatos. "Luna, moon goddess... I, Laura, challenge you!" I said when I pointed at her. A ray of white appeared under my palm and stretched out until a sword appeared. I gasped and looked over to Thanatos. He nods then I glanced back at my grandmother.

She sighed like she was bored and tilted her head to the side, "do you honestly think you can challenge me?" She asked, lifting an eyebrow and giving me a 'Are you serious' look, then rolled her eyes when she realized I wouldn't answer her. "When I'm done with you, I'll make your stupid mate get your lifeless body. Then I'll haunt your children's dreams like the monster you keep thinking me off."

A growl rumbled in my throat, and I glared at her as she stood; her two shadow wolves on each side of her throne stood and growled over my way, but I ignored them and stared at my target. Gracefully, she walked down from her throne with her white dress flowing smoothly as she walked to the bottom of her throne. "Challenge accepted, and don't think because we share blood, I'd go easy," she said as her dress started to shrink until the skirt hem reached her midthigh and her jewellery shifted into a breastplate covering her chest.

She looked like a Greek warrior ready for war, whilst I wore a black tank top and leggings like I was going for a quick run to the store.

Luna stretched out their hand, just like when I got my sword; a bright light appeared under her palm, and the sword stretched out; once it was completed, she twisted her wrist and grinned, "Fair warning, I haven't had a good fight a long time." She strolled towards me, and two shadow wolves disappeared into thin air as she did. "So please, granddaughter, don't disappoint your grandmother."

I raised my sword and stood fighting, narrowing my gaze on her, "Oh, you already disappointed me, grandmother." I said.

"Is that so?" She hummed, lazily lifting her sword like there was no challenge. "Then be ready to die," she muttered.

"As you know, once the victor wins, the powers of the loser will taken, and there's no second chance in life..." Thanatos said, taking a few steps back, "You may begin!" He faded away, leaving granddaughter and grandmother alone.

*~*~*~*

Nathan's POV

There it was, Dove's hideaway in the middle of the woods, far away from towns and Aire pack just an hour away from here. It was shocking indeed to know that Rebekah was closer than we thought. This building looked like it belonged in the city. It was a tall building with six floors with black tanned windows.

It was nightfall, a perfect time to attack; I glanced at the eleven people: Maxim, Sean, Summer, Alexandra, Liz, Kris, Liam, Jay, Eleanor, Isaac and Jasmine, waiting for my orders after we learned from Jasmine in what she sees in the building. She groaned, then opened her eyes, "There's a strong protection spell on the building, but it can be taken down from the back. That's where they placed the source, and there's an underground level. That's what I can see," she said.

I nodded my head slightly, "We know teams, and remember, once shot, try to inject the solution, or if someone close to you is shot and they can't inject themselves, then help them quickly. The Doves won't have mercy on us, werewolf or vampire." I said, looking at each and everyone who was leading a team. Then I glanced at Summer and Eleanor and pointed at them. "Your group is taking the back, and Eleanor, you're handling the source of the protection spell, then clear the ground floor."

"Sean, Jay, with Alexandra and Isaac's team, you're both heading in the front and dealing with the underground floor if anyone is needed. If there's no one, disable their vehicles; we don't want them to escape. Then, my group, Maxim with Liz's team, dealt with the top floors and took down anyone that came our way. Kris, you're team, you'll be on guard surrounding the building, then Liam, you're team are in lookout points, and if a vehicle gets out of that building, you follow it and stop it no matter what."

Everyone nodded their heads, understanding their roles in this mission. We needed to stop the organization before it was too late and make them pay for everything they had done. "If you find Rebekah, call Maxim or myself to take care of her, but make sure you don't let her get away."

"But stay clear from her," Maxim voiced. His arms were folded across his chest, and his cold glare was on the building far behind me. "She may be hiding behind her Doves, but that crazy b***h knows a thing or two about fighting, taking down anyone and anything that stands."

"Okay, now that everyone has been cleared about the plan, let us go!" I clapped my hands, and everyone went to their teams to tell them my orders. Maxim walked towards me, "Do you think John's there and alive?" I asked.

"Crazy Rebekah must have made him watch everything."