It's Not Goodbye, But See You Later

Laura's POV

Two days had passed, and the day had finally arrived; Nate and a team were ready to head out to the Doves' hideaway, and along the way, they were going to meet with others in the attack. Of course, as ordered, Jay and the sea witches Eleanor, Jasmine, and the vampire Isaac were going. Right, I was being emotional seeing Nate off.

Those past two days, he was by my side and helping me care for the girls. He was present to hear Hades play the piano and violin with no help, and he made sure we sat down as a family for breakfast. Lunch and dinner. It felt like his way of saying goodbye, as if he wouldn't be correct, and I was afraid.

It was morning. I watched Nate quietly talking to Hades like he was telling him a secret. "This a touching moment," Sean said, standing beside me. I agreed and watched father and son talk. "I think I know what he's telling him."

I nodded my head. Nate must tell Hades to be strong and watch his sisters and mother. Maybe he is telling Hades that he's an Alpha King and must never give up. But I know Nate told his son that he loved and was proud of him no matter what.

Glancing down at the sleeping twins that I carried in each arm, I can't believe five days ago, I gave birth to these two beautiful angels, and their father was soon going for a battle. "Love," I heard Nate's soft voice; I lifted my gaze, giving him an encouraging smile. He cupped my cheek and thumb and rubbed a tear that escaped from my eye. "I love you."

A sob escaped my lips, and he leaned forward, placing his forehead on top of mine, and then he gazed down at our daughters. With his free hand, he caressed Artemis, then Lucina's soft cheeks, and looked up into my eyes. "Please be strong for me and our pups," he asked. I nodded, afraid of my words, "Please don't do anything you'd regret."

He was talking about the fight against my grandmother; he feared she might be more powerful than me, especially since she was a full-blooded goddess. But he shouldn't worry about me; he worries about the fight he will start in the Doves' hideaway. He and the others were heading straight into the lion's den.

"I love you too, and please fight to come back home," I whispered, and he leaned in, placing his lips against mine. We kissed until we broke out for air, "I love you, my mate..."

"I love you too, mate," he whispered and pecked my lips, then pulled away and slowly went down, then gently kissed each of the girl's foreheads. "I love you, princesses," he whispered and stepped back. He glanced down at Hades, "remember what we talked about."

Hades nodded, and then Nate glanced at Sean, "let's go," he ordered before turning his back; he glanced over to me and gave an encouraging smile, and then he walked away.

"Bye, Luna Queen," Sean said, then ran after Nate as they headed down to the SUVs and jeeps parked in the front.

I felt a presence standing next to me. I saw it was Jay, "please watch his back." I asked as I watched Nate giving out more orders and the team rushing into the cars.

"I will," he muttered, then walked down to the cars with the sea witches, Eleanor and Jasmine following behind, and Isaac followed.

Everyone stepped into the cars as thundering roars of engines echoed in the chilling morning, "Farewell! Be safe!" I flinched when I heard Thanatos's beaming voice. I glanced up at him as he waved at the cars pulling out when they were all gone; he glanced down at me with a grin. "Okay, Queen, let's discuss the important issues here," he said.

"What is it?" Hades voices in, looking up at Thanatos.

"Hades, don't you have lessons?" I said to Hades, hinting he shouldn't get involved as much as Nate made him promise to look after me. Hades narrowed his gaze on Thanatos, sighed, and left the conversation. "So, were you waiting for Nate to leave to talk about what will happen between my grandmother and me?" I asked.