Crossroads Carnival

Y/n's POV...

I was up before dawn even broke the sky. I wanted to watch it rise like I sometimes do. It was very pretty. "Your up early." I turned, smiling at Lloyd.

"As are you." I reminded him gently.

"I've been getting up early since I've been training to become a ninja. I plan on getting Sora and Arin up soon." 

I put my hand over my mouth to cover my chuckle. "Good luck with that. Arin will be easy, Sora not so much."

"Thanks, but if Master Wu can do it, then so can I."

"Alrighty then. See you later then." 

"Yeah... Enjoy the sunrise, it's exceptionally beautiful today."

I stared back out at the rising sun, "It really is." 

"Morning Sis!" I jumped ever so slightly and turned around.

"Hey, Lloyd get you guys up?" I asked.

"Yep! First day of training! So exciting!" 

"If you get anymore excited your eyes will pop out of there sockets."

"Ha ha! Very funny."

The door opened and Sora came out. "Why are we training way up here? We're becoming ninja to help people. Shouldn't we be around people? You know, like in the Crossroads." Sora said.

"You just want to go to the Crossroads Carnival, don't you?" Arin asked.

"It is a fun place." I said to Arin.

"Yeah, don't you? We've never missed one." Sora admitted with hope in her voice.

"She's right you guys have never missed one."

"True... And I was determined to win the Pie Baking Contest this year."

"And you will, after your training is done for the day. I'm sure Lloyd will let you guys go." 

"She's right, he totally will let us go." Sora agreed. 

"Go where?" Lloyd asked coming out from the kitchen holding a cup of what looked like burnt tea.

"The Crossroads Carnival, where everyone from the combined lands celebrate their traditions. There's a ton of food and games. And even a firework show by this fireworks genius named Dorama."

"Plus, a Pie Baking Competition."

"They've never missed it." I told him.

"Yeah, and it's super fun!"

"It does sound fun." Lloyd admitted. I had a feeling this wasn't going to end in their favor. "But it also sounds like a distraction from something even more fun, training!"

I chuckled. "It's okay you guys. You want to be ninja, their's some things you'll just have to sacrifice. You'll be able to go to other fun things." I told them.

"Y/n's right, you will. But not today."

"Okay, but what are we supposed to train on?" Sora asked confused. "There's nothing here."

"Ah, to become a ninja, you must see potential where others do not." He swung a stick around and hit a hidden button. The outside started to shift and rise up until it got stuck. "What? This always worked when Master Wu did it! Oh, it's a whole big, impressive reveal."

"Sounds like your mechanisms haven't been maintained. When junk get's into gears, it can ruin everything. When did you last clear em?" Sora asked nicely.

Lloyd jumped down. "I was supposed to be doing that? Uh, maybe if I- 

When he tried to stomp on the ground it fell down revealing  the training course. Where he suddenly was on top of one of the obstacles. "The training course!" He said proudly.