Writers of Destiny

Y/n's POV...

Everytime I we're on the ship I tend to watch as the world go by from the air. Lloyd is always steering and Kai and Nya have stuff to catch up with him on. Arin is doing who knows what besides checking on Riyu, and Sora is working on her mech.

"Saving a kingdom of magical mud-eating rock monsters will do that." Lloyd said. 

"Yeah, it seems so." I said agreeing with him.

"So your telling me this dragon, like, 'sparks' or something then Sora can use her powers?" Kai asked making sure he's right.

"If I even have a power. It might be all Riyu. You saw how he powered up that mud field." She said trying to deny the truth.

"We've talked about this, you have a power. Riyu just, 'soups it up'."

"Really? Soups it up?" I asked.

"Yeah um, Lloyd I don't think that's how dragon's work. Is it? That's weird right?" She asked.

"I'd say so." I said.

"And besides everything has been weird since the Merge happened. As far as I know, no one's ever taught themselves Spinjitzu before. But then the Merge happened and well-

"Wait, wait wait. You learned Spinjitzu by yourself? No Master Wu morning breath?"

"We told you that earlier." I deadpanned.

"Well, I must have forgot." Kai said defending himself.

"It's a shaky, basic version of Spinjitzu." Arin said trying to be modest.

"But it's still better than any of us did starting out." Lloyd told him.

"I was just trying to figure out all the moves I'd seen you do. I'm kind of a ninja fan."

"Kind of? I watched you try and learn their moves from sunrise to sunset before the Merge!" I said.

"Yeah, he even once asked the barber to give him 'The Zane'." Sora said.

"Yeah, that didn't go well." I said. 

"Of course not." Kai said. "He should have asked for, 'The Kai'." He was touching his hair trying to prove his point.

"Please, you shouldn't get, 'The Kai'." Nya told him. Lloyd quietly laughed behind her. "And you think this is all tied to these Mergequakes?"

"Maybe." Lloyd said. "Mergequakes are like aftershocks of the original Merge. Where two Realms try to occupy the same space. Elemental powers shut them down but they're happening more offend."

"That's why I went searching for more help." Kai said. "If we don't stop these Mergequakes, they could destroy everything."

"Wow, so we really have our work cut out for us when we get back to Ninjago city." Nya said.

"I dunno if you do or not. But, one thing is for sure... You guys will find a way to stop this working together. That I have no doubt." I told them.

"You seem weirdly wise for being our age." Kai told me.

"I was abandoned when I was five by my biological parents and taken in by Arin's when I was eleven. I think I know a thing or two about things in life."

"Wait, your biological parents abandoned you?" Nya asked.

"Yeah, I was technically on the streets for six years. But I don't like talking about it very much." I told them.

"Yeah, I can vouch for that." Lloyd said. "Not to change the topic, but there's a city up ahead." 

"A city?" Sure enough a city came into view. It was beautiful. "Whoa, it's beautiful."