Beyond Madness

Y/n's POV...

After the Carnival I've seen Sora trying really hard to unlock her powers without the help of Riyu. Lloyd on the other hand was helping Arin. I felt useless here, but Arin would be mad if I left and Sora would be sad, and Lloyd... I don't know how he'd feel if I left, but we're together now so I doubt it would be a good reaction. 

Maybe trying to help Sora would be a good detraction from my thoughts. "Weird powers, why won't you work!?" 

"Trying to use your powers?" I asked.

"Yeah, there not working."

"Mhm, I'm happy to try and help you learn how to use them if you like. Or as much as I can anyways." 

"Thanks but I don't need to relearn anything." Sora spoke to me and Lloyd. "I didn't even learn anything in the first place." I didn't even see the two of them make their way over here. 

"Sora-

"Y/n this elemental power stuff is impossible."

"It's took me a long while to tap into my full potential to. But I did, and so will you." Lloyd reassured her.

"Thanks guys, but I'm not even sure I have an elemental power. Tech Power?" It sounded like she was giving up.

"I haven't heard of it either. But I've studied elemental powers all my life. I'm telling you, the true power is inside of you." He was very honest when he spoke. Maybe that's why I fell for him in such a short time. Or the fact the he's really good with Arin and Sora. But at least he's thoughtful.

"No, I'm pretty sure the powers inside Riyu, and I just borrow them or something." 

"You saw me with the Matriarch dragon. She sent my powers into overdrive. I don't know why dragon energy enhances elemental powers,  but those powers are not hers, they're mine."

"If this power is in me, how come I can't feel it?" She asked.

"Every elemental power is different. Cole could feel the power of earth in his gut. Nya said the power of water flows through her veins. Zane could sense ice powers in his mind." 

Riyu was screeching making us look at him. "What's got Riyu all worked up?" I jumped up to the roof to see what Riyu was looking at. The others joined us.

"No way!" Arin said.

"Is that?" 

"What am I looking at?" Sora asked.

"That's the old bounty! Kai took that ship to go look for other ninja." Lloyd said. "This must mean his mission was a success!" The ship started to catch on fire. "Uh oh, incoming!" Lloyd grabbed me while Arin and Sora got out of the way on their own with Riyu.

The bounty crashed into the side and continued down. We gathered around the broken wall. "I'm thinking Kai's mission wasn't a success." Sora said.

"Come on!" Lloyd said. Arin and Lloyd took off for the ship right away. 

"Seriously guys?" Sora asked.

"Should we?" I asked.

"I really don't want to."

"The mech up and running yet?" 

"It'll have to be ready." She pressed a button on it and it turned into a version of a motorcycle. "Let's go." We got into the mech and went after the ship. "Hey guys, heads up!" Sora yelled to them.

"You might want to duck!" I yelled.

We landed on the ship, Sora opened the door. I jumped out. "Hey, just a thought. Should we steer the ship away from those mountains." The ship hit one steering us out of control. Lloyd jumped up and took the wheel.