merry christmas

☂︎ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"war is over."

☂︎ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"it's so cold."

why? i've wrapped myself up in thick clothing, i set up the fire and huddled close to it, disregarding the risk of burning myself.

and yet... i can still feel it. the coldness, it touches my soul, freezing my beating heart.

or maybe it's the loneliness, the lack of presence in the blizzard.

"i'm all alone here..."

trying to seek for warmth was deemed a fruitless effort. there was nothing in this place that could warm my freezing body.

"why didn't you come with them?"

i heard a soft whisper to my right, as cold hands were on my shoulders.

"you knew how lonely you would be... you knew how painful it would be. and yet..."

"who?"

blinking was painful enough, my eyes were so dry that i couldn't even close my eyes or open them.

'oh, them...'

i sighed, memories flashing in my head as everything came back to me, like a film playing in my mind.

"i don't deserve to come with them..."

"oh you sad, pathetic child..."

stop it.

i know that i'm pathetic. i know i'm sad... but you don't have to rub salt to the wound.

"they're probably out there, having all the fun they could. sailing through the seas and exploring each island in the vast ocean... while you're here, freezing to death in the blizzard, your mind and heart simultaneously rotting to their core..."

"this is what i deserve."

just when i had the courage to look up, the mysterious voice disappeared, and i was left all alone once again.

that's when i remembered something, and for the first time, my face brightened up.

digging through the snow around me frantically, a grin spread on my lips when my gloved hands pulled a thick, red fabric out of the pile.

my scarf.

it was hard to the touch, seemingly frozen after being stuck under the cold snow for so long.

bringing it up to my nose, my lips twitched downwards.

the scent was gone. i couldn't smell him anymore.