Chapter 23 War Of The Bounty Hunters 5

United States.

Central City.

"So the mole was caught, huh?" Lex asked thoughtfully as he looked at the encrypted message he had just received.

He wasn't really asking anyone in particular, as it was more of a statement than it was a question. The message clearly explained that the mole implanted in Area 37 military base was arrested not long ago.

Apparently, he was caught in the act by General Lane himself and taken into the torture room for intensive questioning. As for who sent the message, it was clearly another mole.

"What do you think of this Mercy?" Lex threw a question to a rigid female sitting in front of the limo's steering wheel. His voice didn't sound the least bit emotionally moved by what happened as he asked the female figure without turning his head in the slightest.

Mercy drove the classic black limousine that was being guarded by heavy security casually.

Her short dark hair was parted to the side and her face carried a trace of indifference.

Assistant, driver, and bodyguard of the famous CEO of Lexcorp, Mercy Graves.

"I don't know". She replied indifferently, her face covered in a tinge of frost.

"Oh come on, Mercy, haven't you ever played guessing games in your life?" Lex asked with amusement.

"I have".

"And?"

"I don't like them". She replied with a hint of grumbling in her tone. Honestly, working for somebody like Lex Luthor was a serious pain in the ass.

The headaches her boss gave her over the years were enough to turn her into a cherished customer at the pharmacy.

Lex didn't mind her tone when she spoke. After all, even if they were just employer and employee, they had a somewhat close relationship that had been forged after years of working together.

Mercy Graves was his only employee who could casually call his name without consequences.

"Besides, I assume you already have your thoughts on the matter, right?" Mercy asked sarcastically.

"Oh Mercy, you know me so well". Lex similarly replied in a sarcastic tone.

"You already expected him to fail, didn't you?" Mercy suddenly asked with interest. She had been with Luthor for a long time to glimpse into his usual train of thoughts, alongside his way of thinking.

"That I did. From the information he delivered, I expected nothing short of an 86% chance of failure".

Lex said casually. His tone was light, as if he hadn't just condemned a man to a terrible fate. To him, the mole was nothing more than a chess piece to analyze his assumptions.

What happened to him after he got caught was something he couldn't be bothered to think about.

"So what was the point?" Mercy asked.

"Information my dear assistant, Information. The key to everything". Lex replied with a smile.

"The recent happenings in the past week are very intriguing to say the least. And although not the main character, General Lane is a noteworthy figure in this regard. Worthy enough to keep an eye on. Now it appears that he needs to be paid more attention".

Lex's eyes beamed with interest.

Mercy's eyebrows narrowed.

There it is again. Her boss was planning something.