~ Chapter 19 ~

When Riko and Sachiko made eye contact, and a bright blush came to the older girl's face, the vessel knew she had taken her advice. Satoru watched, amused, as the two girls giggled away, talking about what had happened last night, which made him feel pretty good about himself.

 They had stayed up talking and making out for another two hours before Satoru finally dared to drift to sleep. Sachiko was pleased, but she was also battling with her own consciousness, worn out from the drop of adrenaline that had powered her into kissing Satoru. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her back against his chest, his head using her shoulder as a pillow. She was very comfortable but didn't dare move as she didn't want to disturb him. It only took two hours before she began catching herself nodding off until Satoru shook her awake, making her jump. 

After that, neither dared go to sleep, leaving the couple exhausted. 

"Satoru, did you have a good night?" Suguru asked his best friend after overhearing the chattering of the two younger girls. The white-haired boy smirked, which earned him a slap on the back, "Dirty dog, well, it's easier staying awake when you're having fun." 

"I did get a little bit of sleep," Satoru stated. Suguru nodded with a satisfied hum. 

The girls didn't stop chatting throughout the journey to the airport, the plane ride, and school. Both had huge smiles on their faces the whole time. Riko told her about attending a regular school and the non-sorcerer world, while Sachiko remembered every embarrassing thing Satoru had done. Satoru didn't mind. He was uncharacteristically pleased with how well the pair got along; he had never seen Sachiko so willing to share details about her life or speak so much to anyone. Her chatty self was normally reserved for him and Yui. Normally, he would begin feeling jealous, but he didn't want them to reach the school so she could feel like this forever. 

For the first time, Sachiko felt like an ordinary teenage girl. No unique ability, no engagement and no worries. It almost made her forget that in only a few hours, she would be saying goodbye to Riko and sending her to her demise. All for the sake of the mission. 

"Well done, everyone," Suguru said with a smile as he stopped ahead of the other four. The three students were unfazed, but Riko and Kuroi were a bit out of breath from the endless stairs leading to the school's gates, "We're in Jujutsu High's barriers now." 

"What a relief," Riko said, leaning over with her hands on her knees as sweat drops rolled from her brow. Kuroi smiled and agreed as she handed her ward a handkerchief, which she used to dry her face. Sachiko watched the pair fondly as Suguru praised Satoru. Her attention turned to her fiancee as he placed his hand on his hip and sighed.

"I never wanna get stuck babysitting a brat again," Satoru said with a scowl, which made Sachiko roll her eyes. Riko turned to Satoru with her brow raised while Sachiko reached out to hit his shoulder scoldingly. Before her hand could touch him, a blade came out from his lower chest. It was covered in blood, and a few drops fell from the tip, making a splashing sound against the ground. 

Sachiko couldn't move as she watched Satoru slowly look down in shock at the foreign object. A scream slowly built up in her throat as she stared at the scene, but no matter what, it wouldn't come out. They were in the barriers. This shouldn't have happened. Satoru should have sensed him. It shouldn't have happened. It couldn't have happened. It was impossible. Satoru Gojo was considered invincible. 

He wasn't, not yet. 

"Have we met before?" Satoru asked, turning his head so he could see behind him. A man with black hair, a tight black shirt and baggy white pants was holding onto the hilt of the sword buried in him. Sachiko saw Suguru move in the corner of her eyes, but her feet still wouldn't move. It was as though her worst nightmare was playing out in front of her.