PROLOGUE (1)

"Say it." Ragnar nudged his head with hers.

"Say what?" Sasha blushed, looking down at her lap like a shy maiden.

"Those words that I'm fucking dying to hear." He whispered in her ear and pecked her ear, bit it, licked it and moved away with a little suck on the earlobe. "Hmm, my patience is running out little missy, let those words out." He gripped her chin and tipped her face up.

Their gazes got locked.

Love was there in her eyes with specks of caged hatred.

Passion and obsession was all there in his eyes.

"Say it." He whispered against her lips.

"I...I love you." She blurted out and immediately covered her red- tomato like face with her hands. Embarrassed and shy both at the same time. 

A chuckle left his lips as he kissed her hands that were covering her face.

"Those words sound so expensive from your lips but they merely sound like a confession from mine. I have to write a book for you and maybe you will get to read it someday." She immediately lowered her hands and a grimace was kissing her features, the blush slowly vanishing.

"Why someday? Why not no-" Sasha paused when her eyes met his. That muted gaze...the gaze that she hadn't seen for so long was flashing right in his eyes. The gaze she hated to the core.

"Because right now I'm not ready to accept you for myself." He said and took a step away from her.

The look in his eyes, his tone, his words, his posture everything was making her feel alerted. She realized she vandalized herself to accept him and he just couldn't do that despite caging her? What nonsense! What was his purpose? Was it to make her fall in love with his demons before letting her go despite his strong obsession over her that never ever faded away even for a single second.

He was destroying himself as well just to give his revenge a last pull. Just to destroy her. But that was just her thinking, maybe he got something completely unpredictable on his mind.

He could fix her to his likings and break her to his likings.

He could fuck up with her mind with a flip of his fingers and all she could ever do was cry about it and some of the times not even get to know that he was fucking up with her. He was one of a trickiest bastard and she was unfortunately caught in his web for her life. She always was on eggshells around him.

She accepted him for her peace, for herself but the peace she wished for never once came her way.