Chapter 2

"Bring the divorce papers," Ragnar ordered one of his men and both Jasper and Sasha's eyes widened. Divorce papers? He was getting them divorced. It was not like they were in any kind of real relationship other than the label that was stamped on their foreheads.

They were here to celebrate their wedding ceremony and now they were getting divorced instead of the ceremony. Fucked up change of events. It didn't bother both of them but what the future beholds after this had them, especially her. They forcefully made Jasper sign the papers.

Though this all shit wasn't necessary near Ragnar, he wasn't really amused by all the scene going on before his eyes so he diverted his attention to her. He kept rubbing the side of her waist while quietly staring at her.

He was doing this divorce shit just so she wouldn't faint after knowing what he was about to do. In fact, she would faint but the impact might be less when he would lash that peasant away from her beautiful life.

His left-hand fingers were under his forehead, propping his head up as his eyes gave divine attention to her. His gaze traveled down to her chest which was heaving up and down at an abnormal pace. Those full bosoms of her had him twitching but he didn't like the idea of getting hard in front of everyone so he suppressed himself.

When the guard came towards them with the papers, Ragnar took it and put the paper on her lap with the quill on top of it. She stared at the paper. Jasper had already signed it. His hand that was caressing her back traveled up to her nape as he massaged the area. It felt more like a warning than a massage to her. "Go on, sign it. Delaying isn't quite necessary here." She glanced at him before grabbing the quill in her shaky hand and signing the paper. He kept flipping the pages and she kept signing them with her shaky hands.

"Congratulations, little missy, you're divorced." He whispered in her ear while handing the papers back. 

"Now...let me announce, we both are getting married within a week." His stern voice resonated upon the eerie silence that fell on them when he began to speak. She stiffened and snapped her wide eyes at him.

The congratulations resonated in the hall as she stared at him shocked. He grabbed a strand of her hair that was resting on her back and twirled it around his fingers while flashing his dimples that rarely were 'happy' and 'genuine' to his people before his eyes traveled to her. He winked at her and flashed his dimples at her as well.

Her lips slightly parted because how could someone be so handsome? So ethereal to look at? If he hadn't approached her so recklessly she would have blindly fallen for him.

She forced her gaze away from him and stared down at her lap. Marry him? Be his wife? He already was doing everything he wanted to her. So being married to him was nothing out of the ordinary but still....being his wife wasn't quite settling for her either.

"No" 

Her voice came out shaky but she was loud, loud enough for the people sitting near them to hear her objection as well.

Her heart was beating so fast at the mere thought of getting married to him that she thought would faint anytime soon.

"No?" He repeated her objection like an amused query.