Chapter 7

The back of the castle, where the celebration was held in the garden. The garden was bustling with people and was decorated in one of the best ways. The same garden that looked dead, the same garden where her granny almost lost her life.

Attention came to her faster than her bad luck when she stepped into the garden with Ragnar. She was used to attention but wasn't used to the attention she was getting from these immortals that gawked at her like she was another worldly which she was but they actually had respect in their eyes for her as well, not all of them but most of them.

Ragnar introduced her to some of his higher-ups and Sasha just stiffly stood beside him, passing them a very forced and awkward smile that could curve on her lips.

She was getting used to the people of this kingdom such as the maids and servants but the higher-ups, nah, she needed a whole decade to be comfortable around them.

Was she really going to stay here forever? Well, now she was married to the KING of immortals. So, fuck.

"You don't have to smile if you don't want to." He whispered in her ear while massaging her waist with his hand as he had his left arm wrapped around her waist. She hated how he could easily read her like an open book. On the other hand, he was an open book as well-except the past life he was unnecessarily concealing from her. 

He was an open book but she was never interested to read him until now...something changed. She doesn't know what but something definitely changed. 

Or maybe he was just hard to read. 

She looked up at him, their gazes clashing.

"They don't get to or dare to judge you no matter even if you treat me, their king coldly in front of them. They don't get to judge you even if I get on my knees and kiss your feet."

Her lips parted as she gawked at him. Her heart did a flip and she felt something in her stomach known as butterflies. Her heart was beating so loudly, she could hear the beat slam against her ears.

Something really changed in her, huh?

He fucked with her but at least he didn't fucked with her people and the reason he fucked with her could be because of her heinous personality in her past life and how she maybe- fucked his whole life.

She could have said, 'You can't punish me because we have the same face.' but she didn't. Why? The answer was the dreams she often had about her past life.

Still...the trauma he made her go through would never be forgiven.

Sasha was very much aware of why he was doing this but she didn't know what occurred in her past life, what occurred in her past self that she ruined him.

Besides that, was he always this romantic?

He smirked at her reaction and closed her mouth with his fingers under her chin. "Keep that little mouth shut unless you want me to shove my tongue inside. I would do it gladly." She immediately pursed her lips in a thin line and slightly narrowed her eyes at him. He flashed her his smirk and finally turned towards Asher who was watching all of this unfold in front of his eyes with the patience of a saint.