Chapter 8

"Going somewhere?" Sasha instantly froze beside Makaria. Her gaze fleeted between the siblings who were having a staring contest. One was a mountain hidden in heavy snow and the other one was a warm water flowing in the lake.

His gaze snapped back at her and Sasha visibly stiffened. "A wife does not befriend her husband's enemy," Ragnar said as slowly as possible as if giving her time to learn each and every word of his.

Sasha didn't like how commanding he sounded. He always had this tone but this time she felt different. "But she is your sister."

"She is my enemy." His voice held a sharp edge to it. Makaria lowered her gaze with a soft smile on her face. Rayla stood besides Makaria with her arms folded over her chest, staring at the scene with an unamused stare. 

Ragnar extended his hand toward Sasha, gesturing for her to come over to him. With a little swallow, Sasha put her hand over his and walked to his side. All the guards quickly became extra active, ready to attack but the two ladies looked calmer than ever.

They knew what they were and their body language was enough to define that.

Sasha took in her surroundings and realized they really weren't on good terms with each other.

"Return where you came from unless you want me to send you to your real home, hell," Ragnar said, his tone was calm but the sharp edge to it didn't go unnoticed by either of the three ladies. "Hell? I live in one, little brother." Makaria muttered.

"Well, I could level up the stage." He mused devilishly and Makaria passed him a little smirk. "I could say the same." She mused.

"Then shall we?" Makaria asked and it looked like all the shackles that Ragnar was using to leash his demons with were breaking one by one and the evidence of that was his body language and his eyes.

His body became rigid and his gaze held the flames of destruction but a little squeeze to his right arm had him snapping out of his trance. His head snapped to the right and he found Sasha grabbing onto his right arm, trying to stop him.

"This is not the right time." She muttered and Ragnar instantly relaxed his muscles. "Yes, right, I will not destroy my special day just because a little worthless creature tried to provoke me," Ragnar said and stepped back. Gesturing Makaria with his head to get the hell out of here.

Makaria sighed and also stepped back.

She looked up at Ragnar and Sasha saw it. The emotion that was swirling in her light gray eyes was the emotion known as sorrow. "I will leave but before that, I have something to talk about," Makaria said.

"Spill it," Ragnar grumbled, getting annoyed by their way too prolonging existence.

"About the Silver stone." Just as these words left Makaria's lips, Ragnar's gaze sharpened. "What about it?" He asked and Makaria sighed.

"It has reached its end, it could only be used once now," Makaria said, and Ragnar's eyes visibly widened to the point Sasha was left shocked. She had never seen Ragnar so surprised but his expressions soon took a turn on the path of fury.