Chapter 5

Each time she ran away from him, when she couldn't run anymore, even crawling away from him was enough for her to know that she was not yet willing to surrender. She preferred death over surrendering to the monster but each time he caught her, snatched her away from death and chained her in his invisible shackles.

Until she finally surrendered so that the chaos in her life would subside and she would finally get her peace back.

Although peace was impossible as long as he was around her, maybe a little acceptance would ease the disastrous thoughts that wrecked her within.

His dark gray orbs never once left her veiled face that hid the beauty which resembled the golden hour. His cold hands delicately held onto her warm ones that were gradually turning cold as well as both of them faced each other. 

One was shamelessly gawking and the other one found the floor quite interesting when the priest started. Before the priest could even finish his lines Ragnar was already saying 'I do' like a mantra. The people in the hall were left quite surprised after witnessing their immortal king being so eager but they laughed it off and clapped. When it came to Sasha, she first looked at her brother and he nodded at her without any hesitation.

Ragnar was gauging her like a hawk.

With a gulp Sasha took her vow with quite hesitation that she was badly trying to hide. When it came to the kiss, he unveiled her as if he was unveiling his most desired trophy and kissed the living daylights out of her right in front of so many people, in front of her brother.

She was burning in the fire of embarrassment and somewhere excitement.

When he pulled back, looking satisfied enough with the kiss, he wrapped his arm around her and flashed a smirk to his people as they were now claimed to be husband and wife.

For lifetime.

Until the world ends or maybe he decides to let go of her.

The celebration was at night so Sasha was in her room along with her brother.

"They all are alive, Sasha. Alive and healthy." Leo said, massaging Sasha's cold hands trying to warm them up. "And Wynter, the baby?" Sasha asked frantically. "They both are alive and healthy as well. The baby is already three now. His name is Noah...Noah Walton." Leo's words brought tears in Sasha's eyes as she let them fall freely. "And mother...? I b-buried her w-with my own h-hands." Sasha stuttered, barely being able to let out her words because her chest was constricting in pain.

"I don't know about that but she is alive." He said with a frown and Sasha frowned as well. "Isn't it weird? When one dies, there is no blood left in them and it takes one's blood to turn them into a vampire." Sasha elaborated the cursed process and Leo looked like he was in thoughts.

"Well, he must have an answer to that." Leo said, deep in thoughts and Sasha immediately shook her head, gripping his hands tighter in hers.

"Tell me more, how are the people there? What about the guards who were killed?" Leo gently smiled at her.

"He never killed our people. He killed our guards just to threaten us." 

"What?" A deep frown kisses her glabella.

"Yes, the people you saved and took to the Logon Kingdom were actually vampires, the guards with you as well." Sasha's jaw dropped to the floor once that piece of information landed on her ears. 

"W-What?" She couldn't believe what she just heard.

Suddenly something clicked in her mind. That cursed day, when she stood at the pathway making sure no one actually followed the old lady and the baby but the Granny was still found injured and the baby was gone as well. It must be the doing of those people or more like vampires who were in the safe room. They have taken the baby as well and all this time she thought someone was already standing there, wanting to have the baby.