Chapter 4

Despite her telling him to stay away from her, he couldn't help but stalk her around the castle like a creep he was but only when it came to her. He watched how she finally mingled up with her people, watched how she was slowly opening up with them, her posture that was stiff the very first day was now in a relaxed stance.

She would sometimes notice him and would pass him a glare.

He also approached her once, asking if he should be expecting any gift from her side and she used the cocky line he used on her. "You are getting me? Isn't it enough?" As if that stuffed some knowledge in his mind, he stopped asking, maybe he approached her with whatever came to his mind just because he wanted to talk to her and ended up spilling out a stupid question. Her whole existence was a present for him. 

He was changing himself a little because she was accepting him a little. Even she could notice a little change in him. He was never the one to stalk her from afar, he always faced her head-on. 

Face to face.

But right now, he was trying his best to stay away from her but at the end of the day, he would always fail and would end up lurking near her room's door, ready to flirt with her. He wasn't bad at flirting.

She could feel him suppressing himself from ravaging her. In fact, it was something he had been doing for a long time and she had noticed it. What woman couldn't detect a man's intention through his gaze?

Despite being an unhinged asshole, he was suppressing himself from touching her. She wondered why. He already has done a lot. Why stop himself from all of this? 

The week passed by with him stalking her around the castle and the day of the wedding finally came.

Sasha thought she would feel dead.

Unhappy.

But it was quite the opposite.

She couldn't believe herself.

She tried to force her emotions to sadness but she just couldn't. One of those reasons was her meeting with her brother after almost three years who she thought died.

But would he be happy to see that she was getting married to Ragnar?

What about Granny?

Would Mason curse her?

Most of the things were a mess if deeply thought about but she tried to keep her thought suppressed for now.

Her attention diverted towards the woman who was helping her get ready for the wedding. The dress she was wearing was made on custom, especially on Ragnar's dictation.

It was chosen by him.

It was Maroon in color, and the cloth was pure velvet. It had golden embroidery on the edge of the flow, sleeves, and chest. It had a huge flow but was manageable. Even the veil on her head was maroon.