Chapter 3

"Won't you ask why I'm here?" She asked.

RAGNAR POV ENDS.

"Isn't necessary." His 'not so interested' tone irritated her a little since it was written all over her face. She walked up to his side and sensually caressed his arm, it didn't set him on fire just like Sasha's mere gaze could.

"Makaria is planning to meet the king of Walton's kingdom. Your lover's father." Her words suddenly gained his full attention. Ragnar paused and slowly turned his gaze towards her. Turning his chair in her direction, he leaned back against it and joined the tips of his fingers together.

"And?" He asked and she smirked, proud that she got his attention.

"And she will ask for a truce so they can go against you." 

"And...is she going by herself?" 

"No, I will go." 

Just as these words left her lips, she was flipped on the table as a tight grip on her neck held her down and choked the living daylights out of her. Her eyes were almost bulking out when Ragnar came in front of her sight.

"Well then let me kill you so the truce will never happen." He flashed her an unhinged smirk and she was left shivering as she clawed at his hand and tried to use her powers but she couldn't.

"Now were you lying just to get fucked because you brought a very applauding news to me or is it true?" He asked and continued. "Nod if you are lying and shake your head if it's true. If a single word left your mouth, I will snap this little neck of yours into two." He rasped near her face and loosened his grip on her neck a little. She struggled to take a sharp intake as she nodded.

So it was a lie.

His jaw twitched as he once again gripped her neck in a lethal grip. "Makaria and I long ago stepped away from each other's neck. I don't understand why she still has a little whore like you still around? Are you of any use or do you just work a little hard with your lies to get fucked?"

Ragnar pulled her up with his grip on her neck and pushed her towards the door. She stumbled forward and began to cough harshly as she massaged her throbbing neck. Her teary eyes snapped back at him as she glared at him.

"You will re-regret this." Her tone held bitterness in it.

He cocked a brow at her and hand gestured her to 'shoo' away.

"Disappear witch." She passed him a sharp glare and strode away from the office. Ragnar settled down on his chair and massaged his temple. 

"Fuck, I need to see her again."

........

The haunted castle was surprisingly bustling with happiness. Maids and servants were roaming around the castle, every corner of the maze was being decorated and for the first time, Sasha felt at ease here. The surroundings seemed less tense and more comfortable.