-• Chapter 10 •-

votes n comments🫶🏼

~* Sonic's Pov *~

I woke up, guess I must've gotten a little
to cosy with Shadow, and speaking of Shadow, he was gone.
I sighed and rubbed my eyes as I got up, it was early-ish, I wasn't focused enough to hear the sizzling coming from the kitchen.

"You like pancakes?" My head snapped around, I already knew it was Shadow and I smiled. I nodded and stood up, stretched, then sat at the island.

"You cook?" I tilted my head, I've kinda gotten to know Shadow and it turns out he's kind of a softie, he's just rough around the edges.

"No, I'm just making you some dodgy pancakes." He said sarcastically, a little smirk on his face.

"Shut up." I jokingly replied. My phone buzzed and I realised it was on the sofa, so I went and got it, bending over the sofa as I did so. I turned my head back over to glance at Shadow, who was staring.

"Like watcha see, Shads?" I teased, grabbing my phone then walked back over to the island, he was blushing a little.
I checked my phone to see that there was a major Eggman attack? I forgot my communicator was upstairs and my phone was on do not disturb! Shit!

"Shadow we gotta go!" I stood up and rushed to grab my communicator which had many missed calls and I panicked.

"What's happened?" He shouted up, I could hear him switching off the cooker and stuff.

"Major Eggman attack apparently!" I yelled back down, putting on my shoes and speeding back downstairs.

"C'mon." Shadow held the door open and we sped off immediately.

~* 3rd Person *~

The two hedgehogs arrived at the scene a few moments later, buildings had been seriously damaged and many civilians had already evacuated. Sonic spotted Knuckles, The Chaotix, Amy and Rouge fighting the badniks, he started to panic even more when he couldn't see Tails.
The cobalt hedgehog ran towards the fight, Shadow following, they destroyed multiple badniks on the way.

"Finally!" Knuckles yelled furiously, smashing badniks with his fists.

"I'm sorry! Where's Tails?!" Sonic fought off the robots, while Shadow went off and did his own thing.

"Eggman took him! There wasn't enough of us!" Rouge flew over, helping Knuckles.

"Can you handle the rest? I'll go get Tails!" Sonic asked, the pair nodded and he started to leave, waving to Amy and the Chaotix.

"Faker, wait. I'll come with you." Shadow had caught up to him, Sonic slightly rolled his eyes at the name calling, but agreed.

...

The pair of hedgies were in the forest just in front of Eggman's base, looking for a discreet way in.

"Do you not know any secret ways to get in? Since you like kinda worked with him?" The blue blur asked a little cautiously, but Shadow didn't seem to mind.

"Years ago, Faker. There is one I do recall, but I'm not sure if he would have blocked it off or not." Shadow walked around, Sonic
followed.

"Are you ever gonna give up Faker?" Sonic huffed, Shadow turned around and looked as though to be thinking about it.

"But what else would I call you?" Shadow continued walking on.

"Maybe my name?!" Sonic sped ahead of Shadow, now walking backwards.

"It's not that deep, I'm just used to calling you that, like you call me Shads."

"It's not that deep.. no way you've just said that." Sonic chuckled but more in a shocked way.

"What? Is that a bad thing to say?" Shadow looked confused.

"Well it's very annoying, and it is kinda deep, I let go of calling you Faker ages ago!" Sonic exclaimed, before tripping up over a large rock, luckily though, Shadow caught him.

"Fine, Sonic." Shadow rolled his eyes, but quickly planted a kiss on Sonic's lips before continuing on. The blue hedgehog blushed and walked beside the other.

"Here. Be quick and try not to be seen, the cameras are everywhere." Shadow said and dashed over to a vent, Sonic followed him.

The ebony hedgehog carefully removed the large vent grille, and let Sonic go in first, then went in after him and placed the vent grille back on. Thankfully, since the hedgehogs are smaller than the average human, they were able to crawl through easily. They crawled for only a minute or so before hearing the doctor's booming voice.

"Hm, surprised the rodents haven't shown up yet." Eggman thought out loud, Sonic & Shadow managed to get a look at him through the vent.

"They'll be here anytime soon Eggman." Tails scoffed, he was in a chair and tied up.

"Fox, tell me, have you noticed anything different about Sonic?" Eggman said trying to sound innocent, but a sly smirk crept up in his face. Both hedgehogs in the vent quickly glanced at each other.

Tails thought a little before hesitantly replying.
"What did you do?" The yellow fox basically demanded.
"This has gotta do with the perfume, doesn't it?!"

"Don't be so quick to judge! I was just asking, vermin." Eggman pinched the ends of his moustache, while Tails growled at him.

Shadow gritted his teeth, of course Eggman set me up once again! He thought to himself.

"Hey," Sonic whispered to gain Shadow's attention. "We going down now?" Shadow nodded.

The pair bust open the vent and hopped down, making Tails and Eggman jump.

"Ah! Oh, it's only- wait- Shadow and Sonic!" The doctor panicked and pressed a few buttons on his console, seconds later multiple badniks entered the room.

"This all you got Eggy? Pretty boring, considering we came all this way!" Sonic grinned and fought off the badniks, Shadow alongside him.

Soon enough, the badniks were destroyed but Eggman had fled.

"I'll go after him." Shadow grunted and skated off, while Sonic released Tails.

"So now we definitely know that Eggman sent the perfume, but what is his plan?" The blue blur said confused, his younger brother agreeing.

"Are you okay to go back yourself? I don't want you here any longer, but I need to help Shadow." Sonic asked Tails.

"Yeah, I'll be fine!" The fox replied, Sonic smiled and sped off, leaving Tails to make his own way out.

Ahhh Sonic Prime season 3!!!!
ending was.. uh questionable..
i think imma make another story about what happened after, and maybe sonadow?😆😆