Prologue

"Michael! Wait for me!" I exclaimed while catching my breath.

He stop suddenly making me bumped into his broad and hard back. I smile widely when he turned to me. I didn't remove the smile on my mouth when I scanned his face. He's still fucking hot with his hair. But it was a bit long now, compared before I last saw him.

His thick and smooth hair were covering both of his thick eye brows from each side. It was the same haircut I saw on the male lead of k-drama that I watch that entitled King The Land. The different is, Michael hair were a little curly on the corner that made him unique.

My eyes dilated when I saw his intense eyes looking at me piercingly. Is he badly mad at me? My lips twitched, I hide the trembling hands on my back.

"Hindi ka ba nandidiri sa sarili mo kakahabol sa akin, Tria? You look like a fvcking dog following me around wherever I go." He said in a disgusted tone.

My heart thumped, I bit my lower lip to stop my tears from falling. I lowered my gaze while scratching my fingers from my back.

"Stop please. Stop doing that lowly acts of yours. Nagmumukha ka kasing mababang babae. Stop trying to catch my attention by doing what you did in the past. It will not gonna work to me anymore." He said in a cold hoarse voice.

I stomped my foot and look at him. I couldn't see the old Michael I fell in love with in his face anymore. He was cruel back then but right now it was much more cruel. Yes, he said many hurtful things but today it was much more than hurtful that it pierced my heart shattered into pieces. 

His cold stares he was throwing to me brought shivers down on my spine. My breath hitched, I bit my lip to suppress a sob that about to come out from my mouth. I saw his upper lip moved.

"Let's talk. Hear me out..." I said lowly.

"For what? I don't need it. Just kept it to yourself." He said and about to leave me from the long bench but I held his sweater.

"Please... Michael..." I uttered.

His gaze went to my hand holding his cloth. I blink when I saw his eyes turned to red. He remove my hand harshly that I almost fell on the ground because I lost my balance. My eyes narrowed, the Michael that I loved wouldn't never hurt me. He may throw many harsh words but he wouldn't never dare to hurt me physically.

"Don't lay your hands on me, Tria. It's disgusting. I don't know how many men touch your hand."

My lips parted in appalled when he wipe the side of his sweater where I held it. He look like wiping a dirt. And I'm that dirt he was trying to removed. I don't know how many times he would hurt me today.

Are you gonna quit now, Tria?

I thought you're strong? You're expecting his wrath, right?

"I-I'm sorry... J-Just please hear me out first, before you leave..." I said in a shaking voice.

He chuckled like he's happy seeing me hurting. Like it was a happiness to him watching me struggling from his anger. I held my fitted dress. My grip tightened on my dress. This is just beginning it's to early to quit. What I did on the past was wrong so I should accept his wrath. No matter how painful it is because it's my fault.

It's just right that he'd be mad at me because what I did is unforgivable. But how long I last? Can I last for a month? Of course, I can. I'm not called Trianah Hope Antonio for nothing. I nod in the air trying to convince myself.

"And why would I waste my time for a girl like you? You are not worthy of my time. Please stop bugging me around."

Pain ripped through my chest after hearing what he said. A girl like me? What girl you think am I, Michael? I ask him in my head but I didn't bother to voice it out.

"E-Even it just a 5 minutes? P-Please... I make it short so I w-won't consume your time...Let me explain. Y-You didn't need to talk to me... just listen..." I clutched my hands.

"Hindi ka ba makaintindi? Ha? Ayaw ko nga! Mag explain ka sa sarili mo!" He shouted.

I gasped, my eyes narrowed when I heard his angry voice. I bit my lower lip, suddenly a single tear escaped from my eyes. I look away and secretly wipe my tear. This is the first time he shouted at me. He never raised his voice to me. He never did. Just today.

When I glanced at him he's already walking leaving me behind. I panicked, immediately follow his footsteps. I could hear the whisper of some of the students but I didn't care. I look like a fucking martyr girlfriend who's begging to her boyfriend because of what I am doing.

I was about to took another step when Michael turned with his stoic and cold expression. His chest tightened and his jaw clenched that made me fear him. He look at me sharply, maybe already lost his patience to me. I averted my sight from him when I saw how his brown eyes turned into dark.

"You really like following me, huh? T*ngina, Tria! Tumigil ka na sa kahibangan mo! Mas lalo mo lang pinatutunayan ang mga sinasabi ng mga tao dahil sa ginagawa mo!" He hissed.

"Or maybe they are right all along that you are a flirt that will never contented to one man. The reason why you also jumped to another man when we're still together. Baka masyado lang akong nabulag dahil sa labis na pagmamahal ko sayo kaya hindi ako naniwala noon." I slapped him.

I couldn't stop myself anymore from sobbing. The tears flood on my cheeks like waterfalls. How dare him to say that to me?!

Yes, I admit that I'm flirt before we got together because I'm still single that time but accusing me cheating on him? Seriously? Fvck you! How I would do that when I am fucking in love with him? He believe that baseless rumors than me? I thought he believed when I said that Harold is just my friend!

"I-Is that what you think of me, M-Michael? I-I'm a flirt who'd jumped from one man to another?" I uttered while my shoulder were shaking.

My sight is blurry because of the tears falling from my eyes. His lips parted, but it closed again without uttering a single word. I saw him scanning my face full of tears. His eyes glinted for unknown reason. Pity? I don't know.

"A-Answer me..." I uttered weakly.

I'm always composed in front of the people I talked to. But today, my knees were struggling to stood up. I felt like it became weaker the longer I saw Michael. I couldn't stare directly at his eyes. I feel like I burnt
myself if I tried to stare directly at his intense and bloodshot eyes.

"Do I need to answer that? Tsk. Could you just disappear in my sight just like what you did last year? It's better that way..." He mumbled.

I don't know why but I could feel the hurt in his voice when he said that. My lips parted trying to suppress another sob. Did I really hurt him badly?That's why he's like this?! Damn!

"Bakit nga ba't bumalik ka pa? To ruin the reputation of the school? Or let me guess, looking for another boytoy here in University? Why you're already bored with your japanese boys in Japan?" His jaw clenched.

"Mas mabuti pang bumalik ka na lang sa pinanggaligan mo. And never come back."

I felt a pang on my chest. Another tears filled my eyes. I could feel my dress ripping because of how tightened my grip on it. I lowered my gaze and release a low sobs.

"Micha— o-oh sorry akala ko ikaw lang mag-isa may kasama ka pala... Sige mamaya na lang..." I heard a girly voice so I raised my gaze.

A petite girl welcomed my sight. I don't know her. And she's not familiar to me either so I'm pretty sure she's not his classmates. Her lips parted when she saw my face. Oh, she knows me based on her reactions. I saw her surveyed me.

"Alis na ako..." She's about to leave but Michael held her hand.

I flinched, I couldn't break my eyes from their hands. Is s-she his g-girlfriend? I bit my lip and turned away. This is it, I quit. I had enough today.  I watched Michael leave together with the girl without turning his head from me. I dried my tears from my eyes and cheeks while my hands were trembling.