Chapter 8

Win.

"Cheers!" We all raised our glasses in the air to toss it.

I drink the tequila directly after tossing it. I closed my eyes as I savor the bittersweet of the drink on my throat. The whole team were inside the bar to celebrate our victory. Even my friends are also there to join me for the celebration.

"Ang galing mo talaga kanina Tri! Ikaw ang nagpapanalo sa ating team!" Cecille smile widely as she praise in front of our teammates.

I smile a little, my eyes went to Isabel that been quiet since we arrived in the bar. She was playing with her drink and like she was in deep thinking. I wonder what's been bothering her? It's not usual that she's so quite for this special event. She is the most talkative in the team. She's always been have to say for everything but today's was different.

Our eyes met when she lifted her head. She avoided my eyes quickly when she saw me I was staring at her. My eye brow flocked together while trying to read what's on her mind. Why did she avoided my eyes? Did I offend her? Did I miss something?

"Hindi ba? Tria?" Cecille uttered that made my eyes shifted to her.

"Huh?" I blurted out has no idea of what she just said.

"Ang sabi ko perfect nang pagka spike mo ng bola nong last minute. Ano ba 'yan?! Hindi ka pala nakikinig kanina pa ako nagsasalita rito! " She frowned at me.

"Oh! That? I wasn't able to do that without you. Without our team. We all did a good job, Cecille. Don't just put the credit on me because we all gave our best to win the game." I respond.

That's the truth tho. Let's say I am an excellent player but I couldn't do it by myself. If Cecille didn't do that perfect set I couldn't do the perfect spike or attack also. And without the support of the team Cecille can't make a good set for me. We all have contributed for the victory were celebrating right now. 

"Hayst. Ang humble talaga." She commented.

"Right, what's our team for if we doesn't have any cooperation at all? Cheers again for our victory!" Maegan muttered.

"Yeah." I uttered as I rose up my glass to meet theirs.

Everybody's were so happy in a wild bar while drinking alcohol and dancing with the neon lights and loud system inside. I tried to suppress my smile when I saw Cecille dancing wildly in a dancefloor like she was not in her right state. She's a mess. I bit my lower lip and tilted my head before I drank the alcohol on my hand.

I jump in shock when someone held my shoulder from the back.

"What the fvck!"

I saw Silas smiling playfully from my back. I heaved a sigh and rolled my eyes at him when he smirk at me like what he was doing with his girls. He sip on his glasses.

"Ugh! I almost had an heart attack Silas!" I exclaimed irritatedly.

"Ops sorry." He smile like an idiot in front of me.

My brows furrowed when I notice his lonely and deep eyes despite the smile that appear in his mouth. And even the neon lights that messing with my eyes I could clearly saw his eyes gleamed with sadness. I heaved a deep sigh and suddenly change my expression.

"You look lost. What's with you, Silas?" I said lowly.

I quickly steal the glasses from his hand when he was about to take another drink. I frowned, he lowered his gaze from me like he was avoiding to talk about it. I get it. I know he doesn't want to tell it to me as long as he can handle it.

"Fine. I join you drinking. Where's Harold?" I surveyed the place to find Harold but I couldn't find him.

"Don't disturb him, Tri. He's busy." He said in a low tone.