Chapter 16

Difference.

I still remember the first time I laid my eyes on Michael. It's just a quick glance but he already caught my heart with his stoic and cold face yet charismatic. I can even remember the date. It's 7th day of October. He is wearing his complete uniform as he passed by to our classroom and since that day I started stalking him until I found out his full name.

But I never expected that I would fall this hard to him. I thought I'm just playing like when I was in high school however as the time passed I came to realize that I'm not. I am not anymore. I realize that this feelings starting to be serious. I am freaking serious in love with him.

And I know I couldn't do anything to stop it. I couldn't do anything to dictate my heart. My heart keeps choosing him despite the pain he inflicted me. I feel like I am slave of my own heart. And I hated the fact that I am loving him so selfishly. This feelings makes me insane. He is making me so boldly in love with him.

"Woah! You really awesome! A math wizard indeed." My mouth parted as I gently clapped my hands while looking at his problem solving the same with my professor answer.

I could not hide my excitement as I watched him the whole time solving it. It's been 30 minutes since I sat on chair beside him. Actually, without doubt he could easily answer that in just 5 minutes or even shorter than that. But, I'm following him solving so he intended to do it slowly so I could catch up with him.

"Hindi naman, Tri. Naituro lang talaga sa amin iyon nong 1st year pa kaya marunong na rin ako." He glanced at me that made me conscious to myself.

Am I not sweating? Do I smell nice? Oh gosh! What if I smell stinky because of my sweats? Why there is no aircon here?!

"Still, you're good at math. Thing that I'm not good at." I smile awkwardly as overthinking exhaust my head.

"Dito ka lang pala Michael! Oh may kasama kang babae???!" Someone interrupted us.

A group of girls showed up in front of us together with a girl who call Michael. In total they were 5 girls wearing their departmental polo shirts. They are engineering students also like Michael.
I couldn't help myself to raise both of my brows because of her statement. Is there something wrong with that? Is it big deal tho?

A morena girl with a blonde wavy hair stare at me and then glance at her friends—I guess I'm not sure if they're really friends tho. They changed looks like they were talking using their eyes. Tsk. Tsk. I rolled my eyes—has no care even they saw it. I'm not liking the vibes of these girls. I know it's bad to judge someone so easily but the hell I care I'm no good girl tho. So I'd judge them because I'm definitely a bad girl.

"Ah oo. Si Trianah, Mairre. Bakit anong mayroon?" Michael shifted his eyes to them as he stood up from his seat.

He glanced at them confusedly.

"A-Ano kase." She said softly while brushing her hair.

I could see her cheeks blushing after Michael spoke. I crossed my arms under the table and glares sharply at her but she couldn't see it because she's too focus to Michael. I almost dug her eyesballs out because how flirtious she stare at Michael but of course I wouldn't do that. I'm still at my right state.

"Ano ba kase 'yon Mairre? Sabihin mo na kasi may ginagawa pa ako rito." His faced hardened.

I suddenly smile when her eyes widen and how she pale maybe shock of the hard and cold tone of Michael's voice. But I bit my lower lip when Michael took a glance at me. I cleared my throat and simply look away from them.

"H-Huwag na pala may ginagawa ka eh! Nakakahiya nakaabala pa ako sayo. Sige mauuna na ako..." She said panicking.

She almost hit to a table behind her gladly her friends stop her. I'd just look at Michael side when I felt him seated beside me. My eyes narrowed when our eyes locked with each. The moment I laid my eyes at him he is already looking at me. I felt like I'm melting like a candle because of how he stare at me. I felt like he could read what's on my head because of how intent he looked at me.