Chapter 16 - Feeling kinda strange

"Aish the sun's so bright today." I cover my eyes with my hand, violently squinting. The heat radiating my skin and bringing comfort.

Seungmin quietly giggles next to me, shaking his head and continuing to walk at my pace. Our hands brushing every few seconds as we were close on instinct.

I had taken this opportunity to walk Seungmin home after detention, the excuse being we live literally a few houses down from each other and I didn't want Brandon to mess with him when I wasn't around.

So the best option was me walking him home right?

Hyunjin a month ago would be dying at the thought.

I smile while glancing toward seungmin, pushing his side a bit, "Yah don't laugh at me."

"Y-your just goofy." Seungmin whispers while shoving my side back. My smile only widens at the boy.

It was still awkward between us. We had plenty of moments of silence, just the two of us walking side by side accompanied by the sound of the soft breeze. But I was perfectly okay with it.

I didn't need words for my heart to explode everytime he was near me. I still enjoyed every second with him even if every second was silent.

I just liked Seungmin.

"I have a q-question hyunjin."

"Hm?" I look to the younger, the side of my face warming from the sunshine now. Or maybe it was me blushing. Who knows?

"Why are you doing all t-this for me?"

I stop in my tracks, causing seungmin to turn around and face me. His eyes were slightly shiny, possibly from crying earlier, but they were mostly curious.

"I can't believe you would ask that..."

"What? You just are this super handsome popular g-guy that was my partner for p-physics and now you are getting into fights for me? I mean I can't even talk right! What did I do to deserve this?" Seungmin suddenly bursts out, saying the most I've ever heard him say. The tone of this voice was almost suspicious, with hints of frustration

"Because I think you're amazing." I blurt out. My face immediately reddening when I realize I said that out loud.

"W-what?" Seungmins face also lights up.

"I just think you're a good p-person and I wanna be here for you." I quickly chuckle, playing off what felt like a sudden confession.

Seungmin stares at me for a second before he looks down at our hands. He slowly reaches out and grabs mine, intertwining our fingers before looking back up.

Hwang Hyunjin had officially powered down after that one.

Shit since when was he the confident one!?

"y-you really are an angel." Seungmins eyes sparkle as he looks at mine.

My face had never been hotter, I can only imagine it was bright red, "A-angel?"

Were hearts meant to beat this fast?

****

The weekend after that day was mainly spent being in a daze. A goofy smile on my lips the moment seungmin crossed my mind, which was literally every moment.

I was now stupidly deep in this crush.

My mind was just a constant run of Seungmin.

What's seungmin eating right now?

Is he cold?

What would seungmin think about this movie?

Seungmin Seungmin Seungmin

"Look it's Seungmin."

"W-what?"

I'm suddenly brought back to reality. It was Monday evening, Minho and I were walking to dance after our last period. I was getting ready to face the coach after missing two days of practice before a performance.

My mind was still in shambles and my heart hadn't gone back to normal yet.

The moment seungmin grabbed my hand replaying constantly.

"It's seungmin. Look over there." Minho points infront of us with a bored tone. And there, walking through a crowd of students, was indeed Kim Seungmin.

I had seen him in physics today, but we had a quiz so we didn't talk at all. I didn't even know if I could utter a word to him anyways.

In fact the last time we talked was when I walked him home. My cheeks immediately heat up when I notice he was walking directly toward us.

"Hyung hyung hyung what do I do?l I frantically hit Minhos shoulder in panic. My face was probably already changing into a red color.

"Bitch get off me," The older pushes me away with one finger, "Did something happen?"

"Bro I think I'm having a heart attack- feel my pulse!" I panic more as I bring two fingers to my wrist feeling how fast it was pulsing. Thought the older didn't seem amused.

Minho rolls his eyes, "Keep your cool, he's coming to talk to us."

Right.

I hold my breath and puff my chest up, turning away from Minho with my big boy confidence. Seungmin walks straight toward me with a nervous smile. I respond with my own small calm smile.

Though on the inside, I was a mess.

"Can I-i talk to you for a second?" Seungmin stops when he reaches me, his gaze shifting to his hands.

I nervously look to Minho next to me for confirmation. But he was already mouthing a 'go' and shooing me away with his hands.

"Yeah sure Seungmin."

The boy suddenly grabs my hand and pulls me to follow him. My heart had started beating even quicker as we weaved through students in the hallway, my gaze simply focused on the hand holding mine.

Such a soft grip, so comforting and perfect. Could this boy possibly have the best hands in exsistence? A world record perhaps?

I didn't even notice that Seungmin had led us to a secluded hallway. I finally look up when the younger lets go of my hand and turns around to look at me.

I notice the nervous fidgeting he started as soon as he let go of my hands, along with his shifting eyes. I threw all of my love struckness out the window.

"Hey..." I place a hand on his shoulder and step closer, "What's wrong Seungmin?"

"I-" Seungmin sputters out, his gaze falling back down to his feet. He seemed so nervous, it made me concerned.

"you can tell me anything, I won't get mad I promise." I try to meet his eyes with a smile.

Seungmin takes a deep breath and looks up to meet my eyes, "Something is wrong with me h-hyunjin."

My eyes immediately widen as I quickly respond, "no no no nothings wrong with you Seungmin! What made you think that?"

The youngers eyes don't waver from my gaze, we stare at eachtoehr for a good minute before he speaks up again, "I feel so weird... L-like it's good but weird."

I rub the youngers shoulder gently, humming in signal that he should carry on. I would do anything to help him, his comcerns were mine too.

"C-can I kiss you?"

A/n
Guys it's happening...

AHHHH

EVEN IM BLUSHING RN

the sweet venom reference in the title help

Also sorry for the late chapter! It's finals part 2 this week 😭😭

hope you enjoyed!